Built and led by Dmitry Tokarev, a software and financial engineering specialist, the firm provides a comprehensive suite of custody, trading and settlement solutions that reduce counterparty risk and bring greater capital and operational efficiency to digital asset markets. At the heart of Copper's offering is Multi-Party Computation (MPC) technology – the gold standard in secure custody. Copper’s multi-award winning custody system is unique in that it can be connected to centralised exchanges, DeFi applications and even staking pools without the assets leaving the custody.
Built on top of this state-of-the-art custody, ClearLoop™ is the first solution in the market that overcomes a growing industry challenge; counterparty risk with exchanges. This solution underpins a full prime services offering, connecting global exchanges and enabling customers to trade and settle directly from the safety of their MPC-secured wallets. By reducing settlement time for transfers to a few milliseconds (without blockchain network dependency) and offering enhanced security measures, ClearLoop™ is rapidly reshaping the way asset managers trade and manage capital.
In addition to industry-leading security certifications, Copper has one of the strongest insurance coverages in the industry from an A+ rated insurer, positioning the firm as the partner of choice for institutions seeking to safeguard their assets.
Join the finance department at an exciting time, as we scale up operations domestic and overseas. Several exciting systems migrations are in progress which will help us achieve a more efficient operating environment and deliver valuable information to the business and wider stakeholders.
The finance team provides critical information to the company's senior team for effective management, whilst helping other departments assess their performance against key benchmarks. Each vertical within finance team plays an important role in helping the wider business, whether it be through day in day out payment processing; revenue collections; product control; financial reporting or budgeting & forecasting. The collective efforts of the finance team help deliver critical information to management and help their colleagues and company achieve their goals.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Play a key role in the Accounts Receivable function, from invoice generation to collections
- Support the Account Receivable Manager in the design and adoption of new reporting formats and control procedures
- Work with the reporting team to ensure a complete and reconciled sales ledger
- Provide revenue data to FP&A team to assist with budgeting and forecasting
- Work with product control to control daily fee collection processes from client accounts/wallets
- Collaborate with the broader finance team to produce best-in-class management
- information, insight and commentary on financial performance
- Help to develop dashboards with FP&A team that focus the business on critical indicators and KPIs that appraise new customer acquisition and ongoing customer management; whilst implementing low-effort / highly-repeatable processes to ensure they are accurately measured and monitored
- Partner with other business areas to ensure smooth operations and effective migrations to new systems and working practices
- Take ownership of, and continuously improve, financial reporting (profit and loss / balance sheet / cash-flow), updating for changes in the business to create reporting packs where required
- Liaise with trading team to manage exposures on invoice settlements made with cryptocurrencies
Your experience, skills and knowledge
- Previously worked in accounts receivable assistant role
- An excellent team player, with the ability to work independently
- Comfortable working with large volumes of customer invoices, and reconciling and
- chasing payments in an effective and timely manner
- Advanced excel skills
CLOSING DATE - 24th March 2023
Copper is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunities in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. So, bring us your experience, perspectives, and skills. It is in our differences that we will continue to grow and ensure Copper is transforming how institutional investors engage with digital assets. Copper is a Disability Confident Employer, please let us know if you have a disability. If you require us to provide any assistance during the recruitment process, then we would ask you to highlight this to us and we will be happy to accommodate.