Join the fastest growing fintech in Europe
Copper is transforming how institutional investors engage with digital assets, providing market-leading infrastructure in addition to custody, trading and prime brokerage solutions.
Our award-winning custody application leverages the genius of multi-party computation (MPC) and can be configured to support cold, warm, and hot wallet solutions.
Asset managers are further protected by our pioneering ClearLoop network, which enables off-exchange trading and settlement at tier-1 digital asset exchanges. An offering enhanced by the availability of uncollateralised lending.
Copper's secure wallet architecture is available as a standalone application, a mobile app, and a browser extension for smart contract signing. With an easy to navigate interface, market making liquidity, and a team always ready to assist you, Copper will change the way you look at crypto.
At Copper our culture is based on innovation, enthusiasm and above all else collaboration.
Join the finance department at an exciting time, as we scale up operations domestic and overseas. Several exciting systems migrations are in progress which will help us achieve a leaner operating environment and deliver valuable information to the business and wider stakeholders.
The finance team provides critical information to the company's leadership for effective management, whilst helping other departments assess their performance against objectives. Each vertical within finance team plays an important role in helping the wider business, whether it be through day in day out payment processing; revenue collections; product control; financial reporting or budgeting & forecasting. The collective efforts of the finance team help deliver critical information to leaderships and help their colleagues and company achieve their goals.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Prepare and manage direct tax compliance by ensuring submission of statutory tax returns in an accurate and timely manner
- Build, maintain and develop strategic relationships with key internal and external (including advisors and local tax regulatory bodies) stakeholders to support delivery of tax advice to finance and the business organisation
- Guide employees with their technical tax questions on variety of issues including operationalising transactions, tax accounting queries, tax payments and impact of changes in legislation.
- The tax specialist within the business managing VAT, employment taxes and transfer pricing, as required on matters such as tax authority audits, transactions and ad hoc queries
- To provide accurate and timely support both within the tax and finance function and wider areas of the business
- Ensure best practices/policies and consistent procedures are applied in the region
- International tax - interacting with overseas entities and agents and coordinating at group level
- Tax function - build out tax team as business develops further
Your experience, skills and knowledge
- Recognised professional accountancy or tax qualification
- 3-5 years post qualified relevant tax experience.
- Strong financial acumen with tax accounting experience
- Bring best practices, policies and procedures and implement in the business
- Flexible self-starter with strong organisation skills showing attention to detail
- Responsive to time pressure and ability to work to agreed deadlines and objectives
- Able to identify, assess and communicate relevant issues on a timely basis
- Team player with strong communication skills and an ability to build relationship with different parts of the business
What will we give you in return?
In return for everything you can bring to Copper, we offer a competitive benefits package. We can also offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with career opportunities and welcoming working environment.
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love you to apply for the opportunity. Copper is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunities in a serious way.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. So, bring us your experience, perspectives and skills. It is in our differences that we will continue to grow and ensure Copper is transforming how institutional investors engage with digital assets