Built and led by Dmitry Tokarev, a software and financial engineering specialist, the firm provides a comprehensive suite of custody, trading and settlement solutions that reduce counterparty risk and bring greater capital and operational efficiency to digital asset markets. At the heart of Copper's offering is Multi-Party Computation (MPC) technology – the gold standard in secure custody. Copper’s multi-award winning custody system is unique in that it can be connected to centralised exchanges, DeFi applications and even staking pools without the assets leaving the custody.
Built on top of this state-of-the-art custody, ClearLoop™ is the first solution in the market that overcomes a growing industry challenge; counterparty risk with exchanges. This solution underpins a full prime services offering, connecting global exchanges and enabling customers to trade and settle directly from the safety of their MPC-secured wallets. By reducing settlement time for transfers to a few milliseconds (without blockchain network dependency) and offering enhanced security measures, ClearLoop™ is rapidly reshaping the way asset managers trade and manage capital.
In addition to industry-leading security certifications, Copper has one of the strongest insurance coverages in the industry from an A+ rated insurer, positioning the firm as the partner of choice for institutions seeking to safeguard their assets.
This is an exciting opportunity for a software engineer to join our Clearloop team at Copper to build new back-end microservices and integrate with cryptocurrency exchanges.
Clearloop provides clients with a network of exchanges on which they can trade digital assets. The exchanges currently integrated with ClearLoop include OKX, Deribit, gate.io, bitfinex and PowerTrade, which provide clients with access to over 50% of the available market. ClearLoop minimizes risk by holding assets in a trust structure, and by enabling clients to trade on exchanges without placing assets there – meaning that if an exchange were to become insolvent, they would not lose funds. This is unique in the market.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- As a key member of the engineering team, participating in every stage of product and feature development - from conceptualisation to architecture, to build, to release, to iteration and support
- Build the backend services for our new features, as well as supporting the existing product lines
- Build integrations with traditional financial services providers and other third parties
- Contribute to code reviews, architectural decisions and agile practices within the team
- Support and solve problems from clients and stakeholders
Your experience, skills and knowledge
- 1+ years’ experience building Scala applications
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering
- Well-versed with the OOP/functional paradigm and design patterns
- Familiarity with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- An understanding of the critical importance of unit tests, well-versed and able to build automated tests of server-side code
- The ability to prioritise, distinguish between major and minor issues, and not get hung up on the latter Desirable
- Experience building microservices using Java/Scala
- Usage of CI/CD pipelines
The benefits offered
- 25 days annual leave a yearin addition to bank holiday entitlement (additional days annual leave, capped at 30days)
- BUPA Private medical careIndividual
- BUPA Private Dental careIndividual
- Pension matched up to 10%
- Home Working Energy Supportsscheme
- Classpass membership
- Unmind membership
In return for everything you can bring to Copper, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with career opportunities and welcoming working environment.
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love you to apply for the opportunity.
Copper is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunities in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. So bring us your experience, perspectives and skills. It is in our differences that we
Copper is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunities in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. So, bring us your experience, perspectives, and skills. It is in our differences that we will continue to grow and ensure Copper is transforming how institutional investors engage with digital assets. Copper is a Disability Confident Employer, please let us know if you have a disability. If you require us to provide any assistance during the recruitment process, then we would ask you to highlight this to us and we will be happy to accommodate.