Built and led by Dmitry Tokarev, a software and financial engineering specialist, the firm provides a comprehensive suite of custody, trading and settlement solutions that reduce counterparty risk and bring greater capital and operational efficiency to digital asset markets. At the heart of Copper's offering is Multi-Party Computation (MPC) technology – the gold standard in secure custody. Copper’s multi-award winning custody system is unique in that it can be connected to centralised exchanges, DeFi applications and even staking pools without the assets leaving the custody.
Built on top of this state-of-the-art custody, ClearLoop™ is the first solution in the market that overcomes a growing industry challenge; counterparty risk with exchanges. This solution underpins a full prime services offering, connecting global exchanges and enabling customers to trade and settle directly from the safety of their MPC-secured wallets. By reducing settlement time for transfers to a few milliseconds (without blockchain network dependency) and offering enhanced security measures, ClearLoop™ is rapidly reshaping the way asset managers trade and manage capital.
In addition to industry-leading security certifications, Copper has one of the strongest insurance coverages in the industry from an A+ rated insurer, positioning the firm as the partner of choice for institutions seeking to safeguard their assets.
Copper Markets (Switzerland) AG, a wholly owned subsidiary of Copper Technologies (UK) Limited, is a member of the Financial Services Standard Association (VQF), a self-regulatory organization for anti-money laundering purposes (SRO) pursuant to the Swiss Federal Act (AMLA).
The Risk and Compliance Department of Copper Markets Switzerland is an integral part of the Legal and Compliance team of Copper Technologies UK; a collaborative and high energy group of smart, driven and intellectually curious professionals.
We take our work incredibly seriously, tackling novel issues and supporting the business with focus, precision, integrity, and a relentless cheerful approach. We know and support each other deeply as professionals and humans.
We proudly hold a range of passports and qualifications and speak as many languages as we have team members - diversity and inclusion at all levels is deeply valued.
The Compliance Officer Switzerland primary role is to serve as Deputy Anti-Money Laundering Act Officer (Deputy AMLA Officer) for Copper Markets Switzerland, supporting the Head of Risk and Compliance Switzerland and the local team, whilst contributing to the wider global compliance programme of Copper Technologies (UK) Limited.
Copper’s Compliance team has been established to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. The Compliance team aims to support Copper’s business as it continues to embrace the regulatory landscape in which Copper operates.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Take an active role in all aspects related to compliance, risk and legal & regulatory obligations.
- Take on the responsibilities of the Compliance department in an eventual absence of the AMLA Officer.
- Provide support with the engagement of MROs and other financial regulators.
- Take responsibility for compliance with regulatory standards, primarily with regards to AML, sanctions and reporting.
- Address escalations from the Compliance team and take active role in the reporting obligations with the regulators (filling of SARs, STRs others).
- Ensure risks/issues are escalated to the Head of Compliance Switzerland.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of strategies and policies/procedures to ensure compliance, collaborating with other departments as required.
- Contribute to enhance and further develop the Compliance program at local and global level.
- Help maintaining the operational effectiveness of Copper’s transaction monitoring tools and surrounding protocols in order to ensure that illicit activity is addressed in line with regulatory as well as ethical demands.
- Provide advisory services to Marketing, Product, Strategy and other teams from the compliance perspective.
- Contribute to regulatory/supervisory affairs, including oversight of any changes in the local and/or global legal & regulatory landscape, relevant to the business.
- Proactively collaborate with the Compliance team in creating business-wide awareness of legal and regulatory obligations.
- Facilitate training sessions and continuous education of different stakeholders, in particular team new joiners, in topics related to compliance, risk and legal & regulatory frameworks.
Your experience, skills and knowledge
- You must have experience in a compliance role focusing on AML/KYC.
- Demonstrate the key technical abilities within the role.
- Experience in regulatory compliance in Switzerland, gained preferably in digital assets or within a regulated environment such as a bank, an authorised asset manager or related industries such as audit/consulting firms.
- Sound knowledge of applicable (Swiss, EU and/or UK) regulatory regimes, rules and regulations.
- Fluent in German and English, other languages and asset.
- Degree or professional equivalent in a relevant discipline, legal or law qualification desirable.
- CAMS, CFE, CIA or other relevant certification(s) preferable.
- Demonstrable research skills regarding forthcoming regulatory and legal developments, assessing and determining the impact to the business.
- Knowledge of financial markets, investment products and asset classes and willingness to expand knowledge further.
- Professional experience working within Crypto or digital asset industry
The benefits offered
In return for everything you can bring to Copper, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with career opportunities and welcoming working environment.
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love you to apply for the opportunity.
Copper is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunities in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. So, bring us your experience, perspectives, and skills. It is in our differences that we will continue to grow and ensure Copper is transforming how institutional investors engage with digital assets. Copper is a Disability Confident Employer, please let us know if you have a disability. If you require us to provide any assistance during the recruitment process, then we would ask you to highlight this to us and we will be happy to accommodate.