About Cow Protocol
CoW Protocol is on a mission to create the most fair and efficient venue for exchanging assets on all EVM compatible chains. Since launching a year ago, we have passed $12bn (yes, billion) in trade volume, and become the 4th most popular DEX Aggregator on the market -- now we're aiming for #1. If you are a high-performing team player who wants to work on some of the most-important problems in Ethereum (MEV protection, batch auctions, and more), we want to talk to you!
About the role
We’re now growing our team and looking for a seasoned Senior UI designer who is creative, self-motivated and collaborative to help us build the next generation of decentralized trading protocols and help take CoW Protocol to the next level.
As a dedicated UI designer, you will gain ownership of our existing suite of web products, as well as have the ability to influence the creation, design, and execution of future products. You will be responsible for ensuring a consistent, high-quality user experience across trading interfaces, data-heavy analytics pages, documentation portals and more.
Join our team and work directly with the founders to build the future of decentralized trading for the entire web3 universe. Enjoy a lot of perks, such as traveling with us to cool events and participating in amazing off-side retreats with the team!
We are a fully remote team and although we hire globally, there is a preference for this role to be based in Europe or remote +/- 3hours CEST time.
What you’ll do
- Design and develop CowSwap and other user facing applications (e.g., the CoW Explorer) on top of the CoW Protocol
- Rapidly design and implement new elements of the user experience, with an eye toward performance, accessibility and quality
- Shape the roadmap of CowSwap by contributing feature as well as design ideas and helping to estimate and prioritize them with the team
- Push the boundaries of decentralized user interfaces
- Research and understand the end users of our network
- Deliver compelling and simple demonstrations of the products you design
- Collaborate with other members of the team and open-source contributors
- Learn about the latest blockchain technology.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide support to marketing and design efforts.
- Operate in a small and friendly team of brand and product experience designers.
- Concept, design and maintain the UI design system
- Create integrated experiences where brand, interaction and tech complement one another.
- Prototype designs in order to validate them with internal stakeholders before they go into development.
- Design and expand web components to form a consistent UI library.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience designing professional client-side web apps
- You have a deep understanding of HTML/CSS and a general understanding of React.js/Typescript to assist the front-end team with integrating your designs into applications.
- You enjoy staying up-to-date & experimenting with the latest trends in the DeFi ecosystem.
- You are a team player, strong communicator and love to share your knowledge with others
- You own your career trajectory, you are proactive and independent
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams
- Outstanding prioritization and project management skills as well as a good sense of the expected impact
- From 5 years proven experience in a UI design role or similar
- Key experience designing and implementing effective UIs for technically complex systems
- Proven track record of website design projects.
- Ability to rapidly generate and iterate ideas.
- Ability to drive the project to completion with attention to detail and execution.
- Experience in driving simultaneous projects from conception to completion.
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines.
- Understanding of design systems and production specifications
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a rapidly evolving environment.
- Power-user with the Figma design tool.
- Relevant crypto and DeFi experience
- Experience building for the Ethereum blockchain and ecosystem, general finance and/or game theory and mechanism design.
- Experience designing for complex software systems
- Experience in Finance/trading/banking
- Experience building and launching web apps from scratch
- Open source software background
- SVG animation working knowledge
What we can offer you
- Flexible work environment: join one of our hubs in Berlin or Lisbon or work remotely with the option of joining a local coworking space
- Regular trips to reunite with the rest of the team
- Conference budget to keep up to date with the developments of the ecosystem
- Learning budget to support your higher ambitions
- Work alongside the biggest projects and names of the space
- Impact: you are joining a startup where you can make a huge difference. Your work matters!
How to Apply
Please send your CV and portfolio.
But most importantly - grow with us! We're growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do. If you're someone who loves taking initiative and getting things done, we are excited to receive your application in English.