Hi, nice to meet you!
We're Creative Fabrica. A fast scaling start-up from Amsterdam.
Our mission is to change the way people consume digital assets. We believe that the way current marketplaces sell designs is ok, but not great. We will change that.
Creative Fabrica is a combination of love for art and a passion for handmade crafts and fonts. We believe that each font and craft is a little piece of art. Likewise, we believe that art should be made available to everyone.
About the platform
Creative Fabrica was launched in the summer of 2016 with the mission to change how digital designs are purchased and used. Since our launch we have been through tremendous growth.
We have scaled to 20 million+ monthly page views, viewing over 1.5 million listed products from 5000+ active designers.
Our focus is to have designers on board that offer exceptional high-quality content and make their products searchable in unique ways. This allows our customers to speed up their workflow, allowing them to focus on what they love most: Creating.
We are growing. Fast. You will help us grow even faster.
At Creative Fabrica we look for and work with individuals who are passionate about what they do, not just as a job, but as a craft.
Our product is challenging and that makes it fun! We have TB of digital assets, we implemented our own video on demand solution, we process high volumes of new products being added every day, lots of transactions, api integrations, monitoring, etc.
We believe our technology will make or break the company, and this is why we are hiring only exceptional talent.
At Creative Fabrica we are developing the e-commerce platform of the future.
On top of that, we built and maintain a social network, tools for creators to manage their digital assets, CF Fans - an all-in-one platform for creators to manage their followers, CF Classes - online classes from experienced designers and crafters, and many more!
As a Back-end Software Engineer, you will build and maintain our microservices architecture, keeping a healthy balance between speed of delivery and quality, to support the product's roadmap.
- You'll be involved in the development of Creative Fabrica's main platform - building out new functionalities as well as maintaining current functionalities.
- Work in collaboration with the Product Owner and Scrum master
- Participate in daily stand up with the team
- Participate in sprint planning every two weeks with the team and deliver on the sprint
- Define technical specifications and come up with customized solutions
- Collaborate with your manager to improve processes and make sure you deliver quality code every time
The kind of person we are looking for
- 6+ years of PHP experience
- Database design and optimization experience
- Experience with building a high traffic product (something that was built for many views either B2B or B2C for either marketplaces/ecommerce platforms or travel platforms)
- Laravel experience
Nice to have
- Experience working in E-commerce, preferably with a high volume marketplace.
- Microservice experience and having a concept of the architecture is a plus.
- AWS and web servers in general (configuration) is a plus
- Natural problem solver with a positive attitude, solutions focused.
- A knack for new technologies and methods where you can apply them to new ideas and concrete solutions.
- Aptitude for growth and willingness to get better, to be able to keep adapting to new situations and always deliver the highest quality results.
Let us take care of you.
- Competitive Compensation: We believe that hard work, skills and ambition should be fairly compensated.
- Flexibility: 30 remote days per year. Need a change of scene? Take your laptop, pack a bag and work from the woods, your parents' place or the beach.
- The best tools and stylish kit: Laptop. Check. Collaboration tools. Check. Killer accessories. Check.
- Awesome Office: Based in a beautiful office in the centre, working here means delicious lunches in the garden, Friday beers at our local, and access to our own CF library.
- TGIF: Work Life balance is important - we work hard together, and we have fun together. On Fridays we turn on the speakers, and start celebrating the weekend.
Is this you?
Let's get in touch. We'd love to speak to you.
You can apply by clicking the "Apply now" button.
Creative Fabrica is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.