We're Creative Fabrica, a fast scaling tech start-up from Amsterdam.
Enable creativity by giving access to everything related to the creative process: inspiration, learning, creating and sharing. The ‘Creative Inspiration Flywheel’
This creates a self-sustaining community that lives within the Creative Fabrica ecosystem.
About the platform
We launched in 2016 as a marketplace for fonts with a subscription service. In the last 6 years we have been through tremendous growth, and we're just getting started!
We have scaled to 30 million+ monthly page views, viewing over 4 million listed products from 14000+ active designers.
Our focus is to create a platform for designers that enables them to offer exceptional high-quality content. We make their products searchable in unique ways. This allows our customers to speed up their workflow, allowing them to focus on what they love most: Creating.
How will you help us?
The Head of Data Science & Analytics is the driving force behind the company’s data quality, data analytics, data science and experimentation strategy and execution. In this role you will be responsible for attracting and retaining high-caliber data analysts and data scientists focused on innovation and rapid iteration. You will report to the VP of Product.
You and your team will be owning the data systems for collecting, storing and analyzing data. We are entering a phase of exponential growth and need to scale the tools, data lakes and pipelines to enable data-driven product development and decision making at Creative Fabrica.
You, along with your team, will dig into the data to uncover insights, identify opportunities for product improvements and new product development, define product metrics with goals, enable experiments and drive customer experience, engagement, and adoption of Creative Fabrica products. As you are building your team we also need you to be hands on and deliver on data needs.
- Foster data-driven culture of innovation, iteration, and ownership throughout all of Creative Fabrica
- Recruit, manage and lead a team of world-class data analysts and data scientists to support our aggressive growth and deliver key data products and capabilities
- Be the subject matter expert for driving the product instrumentation (including web tracking tools like Google Analytics and Amplitude) and product data strategy
- Drive data consistency and quality within a common framework and taxonomy to drive continued improvements to data-driven insights across the business
- Own both the long-term technical data strategy and the day-to-day operations, including fostering innovation and implementing best practices
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to research, build & improve data analyses to identify opportunities for product improvements, new product features, product utilization and improve customer experience, engagement, and retention
- Lead the creation of new data-driven approaches for the purpose of generating business insights through data analytics, information visualization, and addressing unanswered business issues in a proactive manner
- Leverage the momentum of the business to create career defining growth opportunities for your team
- Facilitate Creative Fabrica’s development ensuring that data enables continued growth, including marketplace dynamics technologies
- Design data governance and security protocols
- Represent the data analytics and data science disciplines throughout the organization. You will have a powerful voice in the company and represent data analytics across different parts of the business.
- Attract and retain a diverse, high caliber, output-oriented team
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or equivalent.
- 8+ years of experience leading and building out a Data Analytics / Data Science team
- Strong background on Data Engineering and Web tracking tooling.
- Experience building powerful yet easy to use and adopt data systems and tools supporting high-volume and reliable interactive modeling, analysis, and experimentation
- Proven track record of strong stakeholder management, interacting with senior company leadership on complex issues.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to lead and coach while creating a high-performance culture.
Let us take care of you.
- Competitive Compensation: We believe that hard work, skills and ambition should be fairly compensated.
- Flexibility: 30 remote days per year. Need a change of scene? Take your laptop, pack a bag and work from the woods, your parents' place or the beach.
- The best tools and stylish kit: Laptop. Check. Collaboration tools. Check. Killer accessories. Check.
- Awesome Office: Based in a beautiful office in the centre, working here means delicious lunches in the garden, Friday beers at our local, and access to our own CF library.
- TGIF: Work Life balance is important - we work hard together, and we have fun together. On Fridays we turn on the speakers, and start celebrating the weekend.
Is this you?
Get in touch! We'd love to speak to you.
You can apply by clicking the "Apply now" button.
Creative Fabrica is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.