We're Creative Fabrica, a fast scaling tech start-up from Amsterdam.
Enable creativity by giving access to everything related to the creative process: inspiration, learning, creating and sharing. The ‘Creative Inspiration Flywheel’
This creates a self-sustaining community that lives within the Creative Fabrica ecosystem.
About the platform
We launched in 2016 as a marketplace for fonts with a subscription service. In the last 6 years we have been through tremendous growth, and we're just getting started!
We have scaled to 30 million+ monthly page views, viewing over 4 million listed products from 14000+ active designers.
Our focus is to create a platform for designers that enables them to offer exceptional high-quality content. We make their products searchable in unique ways. This allows our customers to speed up their workflow, allowing them to focus on what they love most: Creating.
We are growing. Fast. You will help us grow even faster.
At Creative Fabrica we look for and work with individuals who are passionate about what they do, not just as a job, but as a craft.
Our product is challenging and that makes it fun! We have TB of digital assets, we implemented our own video on demand solution, we process high volumes of new products being added daily, lots of transactions, api integrations, monitoring, etc.
We believe our technology will make or break the company, and this is why we are hiring only exceptional talent.
Work Remote: For this position is it possible to work from anywhere in the EMEA time zones
At Creative Fabrica we are developing the e-commerce platform of the future.
On top of that, we built and maintain a social network, tools for creators to manage their digital assets, CF Fans - an all-in-one platform for creators to manage their followers, CF Classes - online classes from experienced designers and crafters, and many more!
As our Software Architect you'll work closely with the product team to define suitable technical solutions for Creative Fabrica's projects. At the same time, you'll collaborate with the engineering teams to enforce development standards and best practices.
You'll work on Identifying and delivering nonfunctional requirements such as performance, scalability, security, reusability.
- Work with the CTO to come up with innovative solutions for complex structures
- Work on improving the platform while keeping security and cost optimization in mind
- Plan out new projects and services while molding the CF platform of the future
- Taking ideas from iteration to completion with support from the product and dev teams
- Work in close collaboration with the CTO, Product Managers and Dev team to translate product requirements into actionable specifications
- For each new project maintain a detailed overview of the flow of the application and create specifications for the product and dev teams.
The kind of person we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- 4+ years of proven experience rolling out complex infrastructure and architecture
- Experience in both architecture and implementation-level software design
- Experience in requirements capture, analysis techniques and process improvement approaches
- Experience in the development of software using PHP on a AWS architecture
Nice to have:
- Strong theoretical knowledge of AWS through certification or otherwise
- Experience with cost optimizations in AWS
- Experience working with mobile applications is a plus.
- Natural problem solver with a positive attitude, solutions focused.
- A knack for new technologies and methods where you can apply them to new ideas and concrete solutions.
- Aptitude for growth and willingness to get better, to be able to keep adapting to new situations and always deliver the highest quality results.
Let us take care of you.
- Competitive Compensation: We believe that hard work, skills and ambition should be fairly compensated.
- Flexibility: 30 remote days per year. Need a change of scene? Take your laptop, pack a bag and work from the woods, your parents' place or the beach.
- The best tools and stylish kit: Laptop. Check. Collaboration tools. Check. Killer accessories. Check.
- Awesome Office: Based in a beautiful office in the centre, working here means delicious lunches in the garden, Friday beers at our local, and access to our own CF library.
- TGIF: Work Life balance is important - we work hard together, and we have fun together. On Fridays we turn on the speakers, and start celebrating the weekend.
Is this you?
Get in touch! We'd love to speak to you.
You can apply by clicking the "Apply now" button.
Creative Fabrica is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.