We're Creative Fabrica, a fast scaling tech start-up from Amsterdam.
Enable creativity by giving access to everything related to the creative process: inspiration, learning, creating and sharing. The ‘Creative Inspiration Flywheel’
This creates a self-sustaining community that lives within the Creative Fabrica ecosystem.
About the platform
We launched in 2016 as a marketplace for fonts with a subscription service. In the last 6 years we have been through tremendous growth, and we're just getting started!
We have scaled to 30 million+ monthly page views, viewing over 4 million listed products from 14000+ active designers.
Our focus is to create a platform for designers that enables them to offer exceptional high-quality content. We make their products searchable in unique ways. This allows our customers to speed up their workflow, allowing them to focus on what they love most: Creating.
We are growing. Fast. You will help us grow even faster.
In Development, we are responsible for building, scaling and maintaining the Creative Fabrica platform. We look for and work with individuals who are passionate about what they do, not just as a job, but as a craft. Our product is challenging and that makes it fun! We have TB of digital assets, we implemented our own video on demand solution, we process high volumes of new products being added every day, lots of transactions, api integrations, monitoring, etc. We believe our technology will make or break the company, and this is why we are hiring only exceptional talent.
At Creative Fabrica we are developing the e-commerce platform of the future.
On top of that, we built and maintain a social network, tools for creators to manage their digital assets, CF Fans - an all-in-one platform for creators to manage their followers, CF Classes - online classes from experienced designers and crafters, and many more!
As a Backend Engineer, you will build and maintain our microservices architecture, keeping a healthy balance between speed of delivery and quality, to support the product's roadmap.
- Improve our site infrastructure to keep up with the company’s fast growth and technical evolution
- Proactively monitor the infrastructure and propose changes
- Lead the design and building of a fully automated, developer self-service platform
- Research, develop and implement infrastructure management standards across our cloud accounts (AWS and GCP)
- Participate in pre-production and production site releases
- Participate in the on-call rotation and in the debugging of issues
Who are you?
- 4+ years developing automation solutions in a continuous deployment environment
- Proven experience with Terraform, containers and monitoring solutions
- Can conduct deep-dive “hands-on” education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to other developers
- Deep understanding of Cloud Native architectures and approaches
- Natural problem solver with a positive attitude, solutions focused
- Hold yourself and others to high-quality standards and help people meet that level
- Proactive in seeking feedback and kind in giving it
Nice to have:
- Current AWS and GCP certifications
- Experience diagnosing complex production incidents in cloud-based applications and services
- Experience developing in PHP, Python, Typescript or Go
- Experience with performance and load testing
Let us take care of you.
- Competitive Compensation: We believe that hard work, skills and ambition should be fairly compensated.
- The best tools and stylish kit: Laptop. Check. Collaboration tools. Check. Killer accessories. Check.
Work Remote OR in the office. For this position is it possible to:1. Work from anywhere in the European time zone .2. Work from our office in Amsterdam, with 30 remote days where you can work from anywhere. Working here means delicious lunches in the garden, Friday beers at our local, and access to our own CF library.
- TGIF: Work Life balance is important - we work hard together, and we have fun together. On Fridays we all gather at the bar across the street, and start celebrating the weekend.
Is this you?
Get in touch! We'd love to speak to you.
You can apply by clicking the "Apply now" button.
Creative Fabrica is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested in roles similar to this? Subscribe to our newsletter and get notified about new relevant openings!