We're Creative Fabrica, a fast scaling tech start-up from Amsterdam.
Enable creativity by giving access to everything related to the creative process: inspiration, learning, creating and sharing. The ‘Creative Inspiration Flywheel’
This creates a self-sustaining community that lives within the Creative Fabrica ecosystem.
About the platform
We launched in 2016 as a marketplace for fonts with a subscription service. In the last 6 years we have been through tremendous growth, and we're just getting started!
We have scaled to 30 million+ monthly page views, viewing over 4 million listed products from 14000+ active designers.
Our focus is to create a platform for designers that enables them to offer exceptional high-quality content. We make their products searchable in unique ways. This allows our customers to speed up their workflow, allowing them to focus on what they love most: Creating.
We are growing. Fast. You will help us grow even faster.
In Finance, we ensure efficient financial management and support all business activities. The finance department team provides critical information to the company's leadership for effective management. Creative Fabrica has ambitious growth plans and you will have to be proactive, communicative, and passionate about finance, and in return will be able to work in a hyper growth company and be a key part of the team.
- Owner of the Purchase to Pay, Order to Cash, and Record to Report processes;
- Prepare and execute accurate and timely payments via SEPA, international bank transfer, Paypal, Payoneer, and via CF own system;
- Assist in the implementation of new ERP and associated projects;
- Assist and co-lead preparation of BS reconciliations and Internal Controls;
- Co-lead accurate and timely month-end closing procedures up to and including the trial balance, including the required reporting and associated ad hoc tasks;
- Assist in financial planning cycle, preparing and updating cash flow outlooks and forecasts;
- Assist in the preparation of periodic Sales Tax Return (NL- EU MOSS Scheme- UK - AU - US) and world-wide sales tax & VAT ruling compliance as needed;
- Assist for the annual reporting and consolidation process in accordance with applicable accounting rules and laws, and in coordination with the external auditors;
- Assist with the preparation of the Financial Statement and related BOD and Shareholders official communications;
- Departemental cost control, monitoring and reporting;
- Support the FP&A team with continuous information exchange and replying to ad-hoc requests;
- Continuously monitor and improve fraud detection processes in cooperation with the Legal team;
- Drive automatization and optimization in all our financial process;
- Assist in ad-hoc finance projects;
- First point of contact for Accounting and (Financial) Compliance matters: sparring partner and financial soundboard for the different teams in the Organization.
Working at Creative Fabrica
At Creative Fabrica we look for and work with individuals who are passionate about what they do, not just as a job, but as a craft. We believe our technology will make or break the company, and this is why we are hiring only exceptional talent. In return, we give you trust. This means that you will work on code that hits millions of eyeballs each month. We move fast, and we trust you and your skills.
The kind of person we are looking for
- Masters’ degree in accounting or related field;
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position (e.g. controller, auditor) - Big Four is a prerequisite.
- Strong accounting background (IFRS knowledge is a prerequisite)
- Proficient and up to date with the latest changes in rules and regulations, especially for payments, and international direct and indirect taxes;
- A sharp mind, with great attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Required soft skills:
- You are a self-starter, who sees opportunities for improvements and loves to initiate and drive projects;
- Adaptable and flexible with a desire to take on additional responsibility but able to be hands-on with strong organizational skills;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills:conscientious, diplomatic, and dependable;
Nice to have:
- Experience with Netsuite and Netsuite implementation
- Dutch Speaker (B1)
Let us take care of you.
- Competitive Compensation: We believe that hard work, skills and ambition should be fairly compensated.
- Flexibility: 30 remote days per year. Need a change of scene? Take your laptop, pack a bag and work from the woods, your parents' place or the beach.
- The best tools and stylish kit: Laptop. Check. Collaboration tools. Check. Killer accessories. Check.
- Awesome Office: Based in a beautiful office in the centre, working here means delicious lunches in the garden, Friday beers at our local bar, and access to our own CF library.
- TGIF: Work Life balance is important - we work hard together, and we have fun together. On Fridays we gather at the bar across the street, and start celebrating the weekend.
Is this you?
Get in touch! We'd love to speak to you.
You can apply by clicking the "Apply now" button.
Creative Fabrica is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested in roles similar to this? Subscribe to our newsletter and get notified about new relevant openings!