We're Creative Fabrica, a fast scaling tech start-up from Amsterdam.
Enable creativity by giving access to everything related to the creative process: inspiration, learning, creating and sharing. The ‘Creative Inspiration Flywheel’
This creates a self-sustaining community that lives within the Creative Fabrica ecosystem.
About the platform
We launched in 2016 as a marketplace for fonts with a subscription service. In the last 6 years we have been through tremendous growth, and we're just getting started!
We have scaled to 30 million+ monthly page views, viewing over 4 million listed products from 14000+ active designers.
Our focus is to create a platform for designers that enables them to offer exceptional high-quality content. We make their products searchable in unique ways. This allows our customers to speed up their workflow, allowing them to focus on what they love most: Creating.
We are growing. Fast. You will help us grow even faster.
In Development, we are responsible for building, scaling and maintaining the Creative Fabrica platform. We look for and work with individuals who are passionate about what they do, not just as a job, but as a craft. Our product is challenging and that makes it fun! We have TB of digital assets, we implemented our own video on demand solution, we process high volumes of new products being added every day, lots of transactions, api integrations, monitoring, etc. We believe our technology will make or break the company, and this is why we are hiring only exceptional talent.
As our Engineering Manager you will oversee our growing Dev team and it's your mission to watch over the team's health, to hire great developers, and place them in the best position to succeed. You'll be responsible for leading, coaching and motivating a team of highly skilled developers. You'll enable the team to keep the platform running smoothly, the code clean and to ensure everything stays scalable.
- Manage teams of engineers and help them prioritize, build, and ship the most impactful features for our customers and stakeholders.
- Work on problems, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for speed, quality and simplicity.
- Work with product, UX and other disciplines and teams to consistently prioritize and socialize what matters.
- Own production systems.
- Structure and build your team through internal development and external hiring.
- Improve yourself as a leader by learning with and from other leaders across Creative Fabrica.
- Ensure consistency of execution across teams and projects.
- Represent Creative Fabrica’s mission, goals, culture and best practices to internal and external audiences alike.
The kind of person we are looking for
- A methodical approach for motivating teams and driving results in a fast-paced, high-collaboration environment.
- A strong technical foundation in high-scale distributed systems development. You feel comfortable across the entire stack.
- Strong experience in a product engineering environment designing, developing and supporting both customer-facing applications and back-end services.
- Proven leadership and people management skills based on transparency and feedback.
- Comfort working with senior stakeholders (director level and up), both technical and non-technical.
- You have successfully built and grown highly performing teams of engineers during your career.
Required soft skills:
- Excellent verbal communication
- Strong facilitation, coaching and performance management skills
- Excellent personal organization and ability to prioritize and carry out multiple tasks
- Ability to lead, inspire and influence others
- Serve as a role model for proactively seeking and delivering kind, constructive feedback
- Natural problem solver with a positive attitude, solutions focused.
- A knack for new technologies and methods where you can apply them to new ideas and concrete solutions.
- Aptitude for growth and willingness to get better, to be able to keep adapting to new situations and always deliver the highest quality results.
Let us take care of you.
- Competitive Compensation: We believe that hard work, skills and ambition should be fairly compensated.
- The best tools and stylish kit: Laptop. Check. Collaboration tools. Check. Killer accessories. Check.
- Awesome Office: Based in a beautiful office in the centre, working here means delicious lunches in the garden, Friday beers at our local bar, and access to our own CF library.
- TGIF: Work Life balance is important - we work hard together, and we have fun together. On Fridays we all gather at the bar across the street, and start celebrating the weekend.
Is this you?
Get in touch! We'd love to speak to you.
You can apply by clicking the "Apply now" button.
Creative Fabrica is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested in roles similar to this? Subscribe to our newsletter and get notified about new relevant openings!