We're Creative Fabrica, a fast scaling tech start-up from Amsterdam.
Enable creativity by giving access to everything related to the creative process: inspiration, learning, creating and sharing. The ‘Creative Inspiration Flywheel’
This creates a self-sustaining community that lives within the Creative Fabrica ecosystem.
About the platform
We launched in 2016 as a marketplace for fonts with a subscription service. In the last 7 years we have been through tremendous growth, and we're just getting started!
We have scaled to 40 million+ monthly page views, viewing over 10 million+ listed products from 14000+ active designers.
Our focus is to create a platform for designers that enables them to offer exceptional high-quality content. We make their products searchable in unique ways. This allows our customers to speed up their workflow, allowing them to focus on what they love most: Creating.
We are growing. Fast. You will help us grow even faster.
As Cloud Platform Engineers, our job is to create, grow, and take care of the Creative Fabrica platform. We're on the lookout for folks who are really passionate about what they do, not just because it's a job, but because it's their craft. Our product is no walk in the park, but that's what makes it exciting! We've got tons of digital goodies, our very own video on demand solution, and we handle loads of new stuff coming in every day, plus a bunch of transactions, API integrations, and monitoring. We truly believe that our tech is what will make or break the company, so we're only interested in hiring top-notch talent.
What you will do:
- Power up our site infrastructure to keep pace with the company's exponential growth and cutting-edge advancements.
- Set the standard for observability best practices across our entire tech stack, making sure no detail goes unnoticed.
- Lead the creation of a fully automated, developer self-service platform, enabling lightning-fast execution and seamless continuous delivery.
- Research, develop, and implement best-in-class infrastructure management standards for our cloud accounts (AWS and GCP).
- Collaborate with our AI team to put in place infrastructure to enable rapid, high-scale deep learning exploration, development, and deployment.
- Be an advocate of our DevOps culture, empowering our product teams to complete tasks quickly and securely.
- Dive into the on-call rotation, debugging and resolving challenges that hinder our progress.
What you will bring:
At Creative Fabrica, your path to success is paved when you thrive in a dynamic and occasionally ambiguous environment. We appreciate proactive individuals who actively seek and provide kind and constructive feedback. And we really dig a solutions-driven problem solver with a keen eye on innovation. We set the bar high for quality, and you're the type who lifts others up to meet that standard. Oh, and having excellent communication skills to influence stakeholders and decision makers definitely helps here too!
Here are the specific skills and capabilities we are looking for in this role:
- 6+ years experience operating and supporting a high-volume, high-performance, cloud-based distributed computing environment, with 2+ years experience showing progressive levels of responsibility and leadership.
- You excel in developing automation solutions in a continuous deployment environment.
- Use the power of Terraform, containers, and cutting-edge monitoring solutions to tackle any technological challenge that comes your way.
- Dive into the realm of Cloud Native architectures, embracing their principles with expertise.
- Demonstrate your experience as a lead engineer across different teams and organizational boundaries.
- Empower fellow developers by sharing your wealth of knowledge through hands-on education and training sessions.
And to top it off:
- You have a collection of current AWS certifications with an added bonus of GCP certification.
- Address complex production incidents in cloud-based applications and services with your troubleshooting skills.
- Engage in developing and deploying solutions in PHP, Python, and Go.
- Show your mastery in capacity planning and budgeting by optimizing resources and driving efficiency.
- Dive into cloud platform cost management, refining expenditures and maximizing value.
- Immerse yourself in the world of DevSecOps and bring this knowledge into our way of working.
Let us take care of you.
- We embrace state-of-the-art technologies. We firmly believe in the potential of AI as the future of work. You will see us using Copilot and ChatGPT in our daily work.
- Competitive Compensation: We believe that hard work, skills and ambition should be fairly compensated.
- The best tools and stylish kit: Laptop. Check. Collaboration tools. Check. Killer accessories. Check.
Flexibility: 30 remote days per year. Need a change of scene? Take your laptop, pack a bag and work from the woods, your parents' place or the beach.
Awesome Office: Based in a beautiful office in the centre, working here means delicious lunches in the garden, Friday beers at our local bar, and access to our own CF library.
- TGIF: Work Life balance is important - we work hard together, and we have fun together. On Fridays we all gather at the bar across the street, and start celebrating the weekend.
Ready to join us?
Here is what you can expect in the recruitment process:
- Call with our tech recruiter
- System Design Interview with our Engineering Director
- Interview with one of our engineers
- Interviews with our CTO and/or CEO
Is this you?
Get in touch! We'd love to speak to you.
You can apply by clicking the "Apply now" button.
Creative Fabrica is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested in roles similar to this? Subscribe to our newsletter and get notified about new relevant openings!