Founded by mathematicians and cyber defense experts in 2013, Darktrace is a global leader in cyber security AI, delivering complete AI-powered solutions in its mission to free the world of cyber disruption. We protect more than 8,400 customers from the world’s most complex threats, including ransomware, cloud, and SaaS attacks.
Our roots lie deep in innovation. The Darktrace AI Research Centre based in Cambridge, UK, has conducted research establishing new thresholds in cyber security, with technology innovations backed by over 130 patents and pending applications. The company’s European R&D center is located in The Hague, Netherlands.
Headquartered in Cambridge, UK, Darktrace has more than 2,400 employees located globally. Customers include public sector agencies, education institutions, media, organizations supplying critical infrastructure, and businesses of all sizes worldwide.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company, named one of TIME magazine’s “Most Influential Companies” for 2021 and one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative AI Companies” in 2022. For more information on our cutting-edge technology, visit darktrace.com.
The Cyber Technologist (CT) role is a dynamic and varied customer focused technical position. CT's provide technical and cyber defence expertise in pre-sale and post-sales accounts, working together with our Cyber Account Managers to ensure customer needs are met.
Darktrace is currently expanding its technical team to accommodate a rapidly growing customer base and accelerating revenue. We are looking for a senior hire who has experience working in pre/post sales roles ideally within tech markets. You'll be provided with extensive training and support as you further your existing skills in this role.
It is expected you will attend the Munich office a minimum of 3 days a week.
- Design & manage pre and post-sale Darktrace deployments along with sales counterpart
- Design and document success criteria and business case materials
- Support responses to RFIs/RFPs
- Design deployment plans and architectures for customers
- Develop strong technical relationships with customers and partners
- Establish yourself as a trusted adviser to prospects & customers, consulting on cyber security architecture & strategy
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and technologies in order to differentiate against competitors and establish opportunities to integrate
- Expected ~20% travel requirement
- 5+ (ideally 8+) years of experience in a software sales engineer or technical account manager role; experience in cybersecurity strongly preferred
- Fluent in English & German (Essential)
- Demonstrated success in selling, developing and implementing security operations and technology in large, complex enterprises in multiple industry verticals, across a wide range of technology platforms (Essential)
- Strong knowledge of both on-premise and cloud networking (Essential)
- Strong knowledge in the cyber security domain (Essential)
- Confident, polished communicator (both written and verbal) with a proven ability to build lasting, critical business relationships (Essential)
- Ability to use initiative and to adapt to fast-paced, challenging sales environment (Essential)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (Essential)
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented (Essential)
- Team player with the ability to work independently (Essential)
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or other related fields (Desirable)
- Demonstration of innovative security, resilience to solve complex challenges (Desirable)
- Experience and proficiency in public speaking and can hold own in senior-level presentations and discussions (Desirable)
- Experience defining security, strategies, and assisting with driving aligned outcomes (Desirable)
- Experience in a CIRT/SOC environment (Desirable)
- Practical experience with threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) (Desirable)
- Experience with threat hunting (Desirable)
- Certification: Security+, CISSP, CEH, Pen Testing, Incident Response (Desirable)
- Cloud Security qualification (Desirable)
- Experience in Operational Technology environments (Desirable)
- 28 Day's Vacation + all national public holidays
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Occupational Pension
- AD&D Insurance
- Life Insuracne
- Total Partial disability cover
- Lifeworks employee support
- Charity giving