Founded by mathematicians and cyber defense experts in 2013, Darktrace is a global leader in cyber security AI, delivering complete AI-powered solutions in its mission to free the world of cyber disruption. We protect more than 8,400 customers from the world’s most complex threats, including ransomware, cloud, and SaaS attacks.
Our roots lie deep in innovation. The Darktrace AI Research Centre based in Cambridge, UK, has conducted research establishing new thresholds in cyber security, with technology innovations backed by over 130 patents and pending applications. The company’s European R&D center is located in The Hague, Netherlands.
Headquartered in Cambridge, UK, Darktrace has more than 2,400 employees located globally. Customers include public sector agencies, education institutions, media, organizations supplying critical infrastructure, and businesses of all sizes worldwide.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company, named one of TIME magazine’s “Most Influential Companies” for 2021 and one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative AI Companies” in 2022. For more information on our cutting-edge technology, visit darktrace.com.
Darktrace have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Compliance Manager to join our Payroll Management team. This role can be worked from either our Cambridge or London offices, but remote working (coming into our Cambridge office 1/2 times a month) would also be considered for the right candidates. This is an opportunity for you to join a fast pace team with the opportunity to learn quickly. As this role is at a senior level you will have the ability to work as a key member of the payroll management team on a range of payroll compliance and processing responsibilities, constantly review processes and controls for compliance and auditability, ensure that all payroll and HR information is processed compliantly, securely and in confidence and provide end to end payroll processing support on more complex payrolls.
- Support on the accurate and timely processing of a small portfolio of assigned international payrolls (countries) and maintain relationships with local providers for assigned payrolls.
- Continuously review individual country compliance and internal controls and challenge local providers on services to ensure compliance is maintained.
- Perform all monthly payroll entries into payroll reports, ensuring accuracy of salary, bonus or commission payments.
- Assist with year end reports for assigned payrolls.
- Take ownership of monthly administrative tasks for assigned payrolls and ensure that all email correspondence is handled promptly and urgent matters are resolved within agreed SLAs.
- Be involved in peer reviews and sign off completion of payroll processes.
- Line manage a small section of the team approving holidays/expenses and being their point of escalation.
- Set up training plans for juniors in the team to ensure internal controls are understood and followed as well as specialist knowledge being gained.
- Contributing to the payroll management team in setting objectives, timelines and reorganisation when required.
- Working within payroll for 8+ years with at least 3 years management or payroll compliance experience (Essential)
- Subject matter expert on payroll compliance (Essential)
- Basic understanding of employment law (Essential)
- Strong knowledge on UK payroll (Essential)
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail and able to prioritise work within defined timelines (Essential)
- Confident in addressing and escalating matters with colleagues in order to resolve underlying issues (Essential)
- Flexible working to accommodate key monthly deadlines at peak times (Essential)
- CIPP level 5 or CIPD level 5 or in country equivalent (Desirable)
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA or any other reasonable qualification will also be considered (Desirable)
- Global payroll compliance experience (Desirable)
Benefits we offer:
- Study support for additional training and qualifications
- 23 days paid holiday, increasing to 25 days after two years’ service plus UK bank holidays.
- Additional birthday day off.
- Salary Sacrifice pension scheme with 4% employer contribution and minimum 5% employee contribution.
- Optional BUPA private medical insurance with premiums for you and your immediate family.
- Life assurance with a benefit of 4x your annual basic salary.
- Employee Assistance Programme offering both on-line and telephone support and resources to you and your family.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Active social and charity initiatives including our matched charitable giving scheme.
- Working in an exciting and ambitious team
- Exposure to global payroll management and associated projects