@DATAPAO, we are on a mission: to make data work for our customers. And in doing so we are building a one-of-a-kind Data Engineering and Data Science consulting company covering the full data journey - from enablement, through architecture, to implementation.
We are currently looking for a passionate Senior Technical Instructor to deliver our Data Engineering, Big Data, Machine Learning, and Cloud training portfolio (within the Education Business). The role involves ~10-12 days/month of active teaching and ~8-10 days of other activities, including course development, Data Engineering, and other related work.
DATAPAO's Education Business
Education is one of our three businesses together with Consulting and Labs. It encompasses our B2B courses and internal enablement programs, growing rapidly as a share of our revenue.
Our B2B courses cover Data Engineering, Data Science, ML, MLOps, and Cloud Engineering topics which we deliver on our own or as Databricks and Microsoft official training partners. We deliver both online and onsite courses in EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa) for the time being but we plan to enter other markets in the near future.
What (exactly) will you do?
As a Technical Instructor, you are expected to conduct group training for fellow data engineers working on the side of our customers. The training is delivered within the Databricks and Microsoft partnerships set-up, and predominantly online - but occasionally we conduct on-site sessions as well. As an Instructor, we'd also expect you to contribute to developing new course materials and training programs which we are to monetize outside of our Databricks and Microsoft partnerships.
What does it take to fit the bill?
- Teaching - you have an ambition and inner drive toward teaching, and you come in with previous teaching and/or training delivery experience.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills - you can adjust your communication style, and articulate complex, technical concepts to all types of audiences
- You are (business) fluent in English and willing to travel (mainly in the EU and normally within a short business trip setup) up to 20% of your time
- Solid software engineering foundations - you are a stack-agnostic engineer, you are familiar with (and keen to follow) best-in-class software engineering principles.
- Data & Cloud are part of your engineering journey - you played a role in teams that designed and implemented data-intensive applications and you have strong SQL & NoSQL hands-on experience. Exposure to Real-Time Data Processing Systems, Apache Spark, and/or the Big Data ecosystem is an advantage
- We provide training in the following fields: Data Engineering, Data Science, Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
What do we offer?
- World-class educational benefits - there’s no shortage of learning opportunities at DATAPAO meaning that you'll get access to Databricks' public and internal courses to learn all the tricks of Distributed Data Processing, MLOps, Apache Spark, Databricks, and Cloud Migration from the best. Additionally, we'll pay for various data & cloud certifications, you'll get dedicated time for learning during work hours, and access to our internal library
- Unlimited PTO days - we don’t care how many days you take off (except if you don't take enough). We only care about getting the work done! Additionally, is up to you how many days you spend in the office but as a mentor, we'd expect you to spend at least some face-to-face time with your mentees weekly.
- Private Medical Insurance - we provide a private medical package (Medicover Blue) via Medicover.
- The chance to make an impact in a high transparency culture - open feedback and a no politics environment are things we value a lot at DATAPAO. Additionally, you'll get the chance to shape the future of a rapidly growing tech company (we had grown 3X in 2022), to work with cutting-edge technologies, and to help some of the biggest and most innovative companies in the world to sort out their data puzzles.
For this role, our gross salary ranges from 1.400.000 to 1.900.000 HUF/month depending on your assessed seniority level during the selection process.
For more insights into DATAPAO
- Designing and Implementing a Real-time Data Lake with Dynamically Changing Schema (EN) by Máté Gulyás (2021, Spark AI Summit)
- Amit senki sem mond el egy AI-projektről (HU) by Máté Gulyás (2019, HWSW Mobile! conference)
- Modern adat platformok (HU) by Máté Gulyás (2019, AWSome Day
- Real Time Predictions on the Factory Floor (EN) by Máté Gulyás (2018, Spark Summit EU)
- Productionising Machine Learning models (EN) by Máté Gulyás (2023, Mndwrk Event)
@DATAPAO we are on a mission: to make data work for our customers. And in doing so we cover the complete data and cloud transformation journey from architecture, through engineering, to enablement. We use cutting-edge technologies to help some of the biggest and most innovative companies in the world to solve their data puzzles by implementing lasting data & cloud solutions.
We are delivery partners and the preferred training provider for Databricks, the creators of Apache Spark. Additionally, we are Microsoft Gold Partners in delivering cloud migration and data architecture on Azure. Our delivery partnerships enable us to work in a wide range of industries and with some of the most prominent global companies such as Norsk-Hydro, Johnson&Johnson, Richter, Bayer, Shell, Essity, and Vonage to name just a few.
As a training provider, we deliver onsite and online courses globally for Databricks and on our own. We have been teaching professionals at Apple, Amazon, Uber, Microsoft, T-Mobile, GE, Ericsson, and many more to improve their impact with data.
We’re strong believers in scaling up a team without judgment or prejudice. What we really care about is working with the best people out there, no matter their background. And you should also not worry if you don't tick every single box in the requirements. If you’re passionate about data and learning new things you’ll fit right in, and we'd love to hear back from you.
And when we hear back from you we'd like for you to know that we are committed to your privacy and to keeping your data safe with us. We do not share your data with any third parties (except the ones we use to run our recruitment process) and keep your application for two years unless you ask us otherwise. We use your data solely for recruitment purposes like letting you know about new career opportunities at DATAPAO and/or managing your application.