disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and highly collaborative Senior Experience Designer to join the newly formed CX & Design team to help design and deliver an evolved, end to end customer & user experience across our rapidly expanding industry verticals and help embed design thinking at the heart of the business.
We have evolved at pace from selling hardware and software to selling a platform and end to end solution, and as demand increases to deliver ever more spectacular experiences for live and location based entertainment as well as Virtual productions for Film and Broadcast you will have the opportunity to design engaging user experiences and customer journeys across all touchpoints of the disguise brand.
What you will do
- Create user-centred designs by understanding business requirements, customer needs, user journeys, and usability findings.
- Conduct interviews, competitive research, design explorations, and strategic analysis
- Iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and detailed UI and visual design specifications.
- Develop and maintain detailed information architecture and design specifications.
- Lead collaborative workshops to map customer journeys, create empathy maps and develop the service design.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product teams, as well as key stakeholders and the Executive team
Experience we are looking for
- Industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar design-related role
- Proven track record delivering results in a collaborative team, working directly with designers, developers and end-customers for implementation of designs
- Portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual product design. This should also include approach and process.
- Knowledge of what good design systems look like while being able to zoom out and see the broader picture that connects the dots to create a cohesive overall experience
- Proficiency in UI tools for design, presentation and prototyping including Figma, Sketch, the Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Principle, Keynote and Google Slides
- Passion for innovation and craft as well as experimentation with technology
Skills, behaviours and values we are looking for
- Has proven design experience with examples of successfully launched projects that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking
- Is exceptionally organised and able to switch between different workstreams in a fast-paced environment
- Understands interactive experiences, channels, and design principles
- Be resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles and turn challenges into opportunities.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills for technical and business executives internally and externally
- Is a natural leader and comfortable working directly with senior stakeholders
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, we are also now leading the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote Virtual Production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Auckland, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. Transparency and integrity are core to how we approach each other and our work at disguise. Our culture relies on clear, courageous conversations and proactively sharing feedback with the intent to help each other and the business to grow.
- Evolutionary. We are always seeking to be even better. We push the limits of what is possible so both our technology and our disguisers stay ahead of the game.
- Fearless. Innovation and a pioneering attitude are key to our success. Disguisers are empowered to experiment, work autonomously and grow from their experiences.
- Resilient. Disguisers are determined to succeed and will not give up when things get tough. We are committed to doing what is right, rather than what is easy, and will adapt to finding the best path forward.
- Belong. We are committed to being the difference. Every disguiser has a role to play in creating an inclusive environment where people belong and can do their best work every day.
We want to make sure we attract and retain the best talent out there. For permanent disguisers globally, some of our benefits and perks include:
- LTIP scheme - disguise is aiming for $1bn 'unicorn' valuation in 2025, which would mean a payout to ALL employees (representing between 3 month and 2 years worth of salary)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - with minimum time you must take set at 20% above statutory
- Gig Allowance - £400 or local equivalent to spend on tickets every year, to immerse yourself in our industries
- Flexible hours - some people start work at 10am, and others begin at 7am and finish earlier. Create a pattern that works for your team and for you
- Hybrid working between home and our offices (dependent on role and location)
- Long Service Awards (3, 5, 10+ years)
- Belonging policies - including (but not limited to) support for Parental, Fertility, Miscarriage, Menopause and Transitioning
- Mental health and wellbeing support - subscription to the Calm app, weekly desk-yoga, mental health first-aid buddies, Employee Assistance Programmes
- Training, coaching & mentoring
Health and pension benefits vary based on local requirements.
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.