disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
Role: Design Director
Department: CX & Design
Reports into: VP Design
Contract: Full Time
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and highly collaborative Design Director to join the newly formed CX & Design team to help design and deliver an evolved, end to end customer & user experience across our rapidly expanding industry verticals and help embed design thinking at the heart of the business.
We have evolved at pace from selling hardware and software to selling a platform and end to end solution, and as demand increases to deliver ever more spectacular experiences for live and location based entertainment as well as Virtual productions for Film and Broadcast you will have the opportunity to design engaging experiences across all touchpoints of the disguise brand - from our product to our marketing communications.
What you will do
- Deliver high profile design projects in collaboration with CX, marketing and product teams.
- Work closely with the VP Design to develop, roll-out and maintain the disguise Brand OS
- Come up with new, unique ideas, implement them and motivate others to do the same.
- Oversee design work with the internal team as well as agencies & freelancers.
- Facilitate large cross-functional work streams, workshops, and meetings
Experience we are looking for
- 7+ years of experience in Product/Service/Visual Design
- A proven track record of working directly on product and marketing briefs, across multiple industries
- The knowledge of what good design systems look like while being able to zoom out and see the broader picture, while connecting the dots to create a cohesive overall experience
- Mastery in design tools, presentation and prototyping including Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Principle, Keynote and Google Slides
- Experience mentoring a team of Visual Designers
Skills, behaviours and values we are looking for
- Impeccable execution and care for all aspects of design from conceptual thinking to visual design
- Superb communication skills to engage with users, developers, product partners, and stakeholders at all levels
- Outstanding storytelling, presentation and communication skills with the ability to clearly express and sell ideas to clients
- A passion for innovation and experimentation with technology
- An eye for detail and an obsession with craft
keep the user at the centre of our decisions.
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, in the past year we have also led the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote virtual production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Barcelona, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. We are real with ourselves and our clients and share our ideas with openness and transparency.
- Evolutionary. We innovate using our user’s ever-changing needs so our technology remains ahead-of-the-game.
- Fearless. We take the best path, not the easiest, and innovate where it’s right, not where it’s simplest.
- Resilience. We don’t give up until we find the right solution, even if it means going outside our remit.
- Belong. We create an environment where everyone feels like they belong and is empowered to do their best work.
We have a really competitive benefits package as we want to make sure we retain the best talent out there. Our benefits for every perm hire, globally include:
- LTIP scheme - disguise is aiming for $1bn 'unicorn' valuation in 2025, which would mean a payout to ALL employees (representing between 3 month and 2 years worth of salary)
- Salary - reviewed every twelve months w/ equal pay for equal work, and proactive pay increases for growing responsibilities
- Above and beyond gift voucher awards
- Long service rewards (3, 5, 10+ years)
- Gig allowance - £400 (or equivalent currency) on tickets every year
- Flexible hours - some people start work at 10am , and others begin at 7am and finish earlier. Create a pattern that works for your team and for you
- Hybrid working between home and our offices
- Enhance holiday entitlement - 20% above the statutory
- Belonging policies - including (but not limited to) support for Parental, Fertility, Miscarriage, Menopause and Transitioning
- Mental health and wellbeing - subscription to the calm app, weekly desk-yoga and mental health first-aid buddies
- Healthcare cash back plans & employee assistance programmes
- Coaching & mentoring
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.