disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
Role: Software Engineer (Unreal Engine)
Location: UK - London
Reports into: Lead Software Engineer
About the role:
disguise are looking for a software engineer who considers themselves to be an unreal engine specialist. The successful applicant will enjoy working at the cutting edge of their industry, providing software for demanding end users. They will be a talented engineer with proven experience using C++ who is excited to improve the product and their own skill-set by applying good development practices as well as their specialist knowledge of unreal engine.
Development is conducted in small, highly focused teams of engineers, light on process and requiring a hands-on approach.
What you will do:
- Work to improve our Unreal Engine integration by building new features for our plugin with an eye towards the unreal-engineer user experience.
- Work with a team of software engineers to create a mechanism for extracting and distributing graphics pipeline tasks within Unreal Engine
- Build and help specify new features
- Participate in code reviews
- Work closely with a team of other developers to create high quality code
- Work closely with a team of support engineers to help them better understand customer issues
- Share knowledge of your expertise with the team
Experience we are looking for:
- Experience writing C++ to build a commercial product
- Experience working with modifying, forking or building plugins for unreal engine
- Experience working with the unreal graphics pipeline and networking infrastructure
- Experience working in a team to create code, review code and fix bugs
- Experience in real-time systems
Skills, behaviour and values we are looking for:
- You will have clear communication, both verbal and written
- You will have excellent attention to detail, when writing and reviewing code
- You will enjoy problem solving complex issues with a curious and inquisitive mind
- You will be technically competent and interested in building out a product (ie, what the product should do, what else can make the product great)
- You will be collaborative, working with the team to build a product and knowledge share
- You will be pragmatic in the way you approach writing code
- You will be passionate to expand your knowledge
- You will have the resilience to keep experimenting
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, in the past year we have also led the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote virtual production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Barcelona, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. We are real with ourselves and our clients and share our ideas with openness and transparency.
- Evolutionary. We innovate using our user’s ever-changing needs so our technology remains ahead-of-the-game.
- Fearless. We take the best path, not the easiest, and innovate where it’s right, not where it’s simplest.
- Resilience. We don’t give up until we find the right solution, even if it means going outside our remit.
- Belong. We create an environment where everyone feels like they belong and is empowered to do their best work.
We have a really competitive benefits package as we want to make sure we retain the best talent globally out there.
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.