disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
Role: Training & Community Marketing Manager
Reports to: Marketing Director
Our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring visual experience in the world, by creating a powerful, collaborative environment where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive live entertainment and experiences.
Over the last year our products have been placed at the heart of the Grammys; the Brit Awards; touring the world with U2, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga; live events including Coachella and Glastonbury; theatre productions such as Frozen and Harry Potter; product launches for the likes of Nike and Apple; and a growing number of films and live TV broadcasts.
We are a fast growing company who hire bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We are proud to have been featured as one of SalesForce’s Trailblazer companies. You should also watch our showreel demonstrating just some of the incredible work of disguise and, of course, please visit our website.
Why You’re Here
You have a passion for marketing and are looking to apply and develop your skills in a fast-moving company. You are someone who is both creative and analytical minded. You are someone who thinks holistically especially when talking to prospects and customers and demonstrates flair for customer experience.
We are looking for a talented, self-directed Marketing Manager specialising in platforms for customers to train and learn. You’ll be part of the global marketing team, responsible for driving and building the marketing strategy for our Training and Community platforms as well as measuring performance across both platforms. You’ll work closely with the wider marketing team particularly the Digital Marketing Manager and Campaign Managers to ensure a clear lead generation strategy and customer retention program is in place engaging and retaining users on both platforms.
As an experienced Marketing Manager you’ll be both creative and analytical, with experience building and leading community platforms that adhere to brand guidelines and drive results that support the departments ROI.
- Launch a strategy to drive success through our Training and Community platforms.
- Set the goals, strategy and tactics required to meet company objectives for both training and the community
- Work alongside the Training team to commercialise and devise a go-to-market plan for the training platform, centred heavily on a marketing strategy
- Work between all departments to re-launch disguise’s community platform from a functional, transactional database, into a rich destination of information, learning, sharing and interfacing.
Day to Day
- Execute on your own strategy to grow and nourish our training and community platforms.
- Work between all departments to set RACI charts/Gannt charts to facilitate multiple stakeholders in driving success in your domain
- Act as a Marketing gatekeeper for our Training and Community digital platforms, ensuring adherence to governance digital best practice, and quality content standards
- Act as a digital brand guardian ensuring all content adheres to firm-wide guidelines
- Leveraging the community and training platform you’ll be responsible for user, customer and partner acquisition and retention, collaborating with the marketing campaign managers
- Manage and work within an agreed budget for both platforms
- You’ll drive the campaign plan for both platforms using the marketing mix to promote disguise as the leading platform, to grow our global user base
- You’ll own the marketing strategy for the disguise Training platform (LMS), collaborating with the training team to ensure best practice UX & UI is followed
- You’ll craft a campaign strategy that engages new users, and nurtures and retains existing visitors to the platform
- You’ll promote the training platform and courses to support training recruitment
- Write and implement platform notifications and automations in Pardot our email automation system to encourage users to complete courses
- You will review training content and assets to ensure quality standards are kept
- Own reporting and analysis against campaign performance, working alongside the Marketing Operations Manager
- Identify and implement improvements to optimise experience and conversion on both platforms
- You’ll own the community platform strategy, this will involve building a new platform and replacing the current app
- You will carry out user research to understand our communities needs and work with a design agency to build a new platform that seamlessly integrates with our other digital platforms
- You’ll collaborate with the wider marketing team especially the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure best practice UX & UI is followed
- Own and manage the community platform roadmap of improvements
- Meet with disguise users, customers and partners to ensure the platform meets all requirements
- You’ll collaborate across our global business to deliver consistent, strong connection plans with our community
- Work with our events team to create and run community events that engage, attract and grow our user base globally
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Hands-on experience in designing, building, and managing digital platforms for customers and users
- 5+ years in roles associated with digital marketing in technology companies
- Demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional teams to meet business objectives while fostering strong working relationships
- Attention to detail to build, maintain and optimize impactful strategy for global platforms
- Analytical tendencies with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn, and iterate in order to get the best results possible
- You’ll be data driven and be able to manage multiple projects, teams and agencies simultaneously
- Effective communication and collaboration skills in order to explain technical information to non-technical people
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good problem-solving skills with a creative flare
- An appreciation of digital design and UX/UI principles
- A team player, ability to coach and support stakeholders
- Positive, proactive and able to always exercise great judgment
- Strong degree (2.1 or above) in marketing
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, in the past year we have also led the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote virtual production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Barcelona, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. We are real with ourselves and our clients and share our ideas with openness and transparency.
- Evolutionary. We innovate using our user’s ever-changing needs so our technology remains ahead-of-the-game.
- Fearless. We take the best path, not the easiest, and innovate where it’s right, not where it’s simplest.
- Resilience. We don’t give up until we find the right solution, even if it means going outside our remit.
- Belong. We create an environment where everyone feels like they belong and is empowered to do their best work.
We have a really competitive benefits package as we want to make sure we retain the best talent out there. Our benefits for every perm hire, globally include:
- LTIP scheme - disguise is aiming for $1bn 'unicorn' valuation in 2025, which would mean a payout to ALL employees (representing between 3 month and 2 years worth of salary)
- Salary - reviewed every twelve months w/ equal pay for equal work, and proactive pay increases for growing responsibilities
- Above and beyond gift voucher awards
- Long service rewards (3, 5, 10+ years)
- Gig allowance - £400 (or equivalent currency) on tickets every year
- Flexible hours - some people start work at 10am , and others begin at 7am and finish earlier. Create a pattern that works for your team and for you
- Hybrid working between home and our offices
- Enhance holiday entitlement - 20% above the statutory
- Belonging policies - including (but not limited to) support for Parental, Fertility, Miscarriage, Menopause and Transitioning
- Mental health and wellbeing - subscription to the calm app, weekly desk-yoga and mental health first-aid buddies
- Healthcare cash back plans & employee assistance programmes
- Coaching & mentoring
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.