disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
About the role:
disguise are very excited about the recent acquisition of Polygon Labs (read more here), and this role will drive technology integration as well as engineering best practices.
The Principal Architect for Polygon Labs will play a crucial role in designing the technical architecture for Polygon Labs software. The new architecture will align with enterprise standards, processes, procedures, and targets. You will design the processes that ensure high quality and stability without compromising performance.
You will be responsible for working with the engineering team on defining the architectural foundation and adoption of contemporary cloud practices You will work closely with the CEO of Polygon Labs, the Director of Engineering, the Head of Engineering, and our Engineers to make key technology choices and supervise the quality and implementation of designs.
What you will do:
- Drive innovation and architectural design of new features, products and technologies
- Rearchitecting and modernizing one of Polygon’s core customer-facing products
- Guide feature development to ensure they align with the company’s long-term goals and development best practices (collaborate across the business)
- Share knowledge about your areas of expertise and lead engineering best practices in the team
- Autonomously research and lead major initiatives (through the SDLC: planning, research, prototyping, productizing, development, delivery, and support)
- Improve, support and maintain existing areas of the product
- Establish software standards and development processes
Experience we are looking for:
- Experience architecting, designing, and building web / cloud-based services and products
- Experience with building requirements & design documents
- EITHER a strong background of web services, and specific experience with ONE of our chosen stacks (Laravel/React/Vue) OR experience working in the broadcast industry, especially in the Production of live shows (including broadcast related data, VizRT, Unreal, or any other Broadcast Graphics system)
- Experience leading development teams
- Experience creating and evangelizing best-practices
Skills, behaviors and values we are looking for:
- You will have clear communication, both verbal and written
- You will have excellent attention to detail, when writing and reviewing code
- You will enjoy problem solving complex issues with a curious and inquisitive mind
- You will be technically competent and interested in building out a product (i.e. what the product should do, what else can make the product great)
- You will be collaborative, working with the team to build a product and knowledge share
- You will be pragmatic in the way you approach writing code
- You will be passionate to expand your knowledge
- You will have the resilience to keep experimenting
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, in the past year we have also led the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote virtual production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Barcelona, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. We are real with ourselves and our clients and share our ideas with openness and transparency.
- Evolutionary. We innovate using our user’s ever-changing needs so our technology remains ahead-of-the-game.
- Fearless. We take the best path, not the easiest, and innovate where it’s right, not where it’s simplest.
- Resilience. We don’t give up until we find the right solution, even if it means going outside our remit.
- Belong. We create an environment where everyone feels like they belong and is empowered to do their best work.
We have a really competitive benefits package as we want to make sure we retain the best talent globally out there.
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.