disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
Job Role Summary
As a Product Marketer, you will be responsible for telling the world and the company the story of our products.
We are looking for a talented, data driven, self-motivated Product Marketing Manager to join disguise’s growing marketing team. To be successful in this role you will become an expert on the product’s capabilities and ensure that all marketing activities are aligned with the business objectives.
You will be expected to be our chief advocate for our products and their value. Bringing new products, features and services to market. Working closely with our Software, Hardware, Sales and Marketing team on functional specifications, USPs, event content and go to market strategies (GTMS).
Additionally, you will be charged with crafting the strategy around the messaging and marketing for each product and their future update releases. You will have a direct impact on driving our customer growth every day. You will be our internal expert on the competitive landscape and help optimise our product marketing sales process and collateral, giving our sales team a competitive edge.
The ideal candidate will be data driven, tenacious and leave no stones unturned in the quest for answers and solving problems. You will be comfortable communicating with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally and be comfortable navigating more complex technical projects.
You will also be highly numeric, focused on delivering on KPI’s and ensuring that all marketing activities are tested, measured and reported on.
Objectives & Responsibilities
- Clearly articulate concepts, proposals, and plan the vision to bring new products to market.
- Manage the cross-functional implementation of releases for existing products.
- Being the key point of contact in the Go-To-Market-Strategy (GTMS). Working closely with a wider Marketing Team, Sales, Software and Hardware.
- Listening to customers and building strategy based on market requirements and trends. Understand our buyers, who they are and how they buy through data and interviews, focus groups and surveys.
- Work with user success managers to understand our users and their product requirements.
- Develop the messaging framework and propositions for key products, integrations and relevant projects, working closely with sales, product specialists and all other required stakeholders to ensure that agreed messaging is reflected across all marketing elements and the key value is communicated.
- Maintain and launch new product pages across all key product sections on the website.
- Create content alongside the Marketing Team (e.g. sales documentation, product videos, website copy) highlighting benefits and use cases of products.
- Work with the Marketing Campaign Manager to create, manage and measure multi-channel marketing campaigns to generate demand for the product and software.
- Together with the product team, train and support sales and customer support teams on new tools and products.
- Assist sales on calls when appropriate to provide deeper dives into the product.
- Find our advocates through relationships with the sales team and via social media, then nurture them and help them promote our cause.
- Collect and analyze data that supports our solutions in the market to buyers.
- Partner with Marketing Campaign Manager to develop and implement the core content for sales enablement, aligned to business priorities, working closely with product and sales to deliver the content required.
- Present the vision and launch of new products or services to the sales team and develop sales tools that facilitate the selling process.
- Take ownership of all customer product related communications including regular product updates.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Ideally 6+ years proven experience in product marketing roles.
- Proven experience in technical product marketing.
- Understanding of hardware and software technology products.
- Built multiple go to market strategies.
- Excellent storytelling skills with the ability to present complex concepts in a clear and engaging way to different audiences.
- Research skills: A crucial part of this role will be gaining insight into customer needs and experiences. Analysis of data, surveys and customer interviews will be part of this mix and you need to be well acquainted with these techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build easy relationships with different teams to capture ideas and extract relevant and timely information. As a Product Marketing Manager you will have to collaborate with multiple teams across the business. This will often include the sales and marketing department, the engineering department, product management, press and PR and senior executives.
- Strong project management skills, including an ability to move projects forward in a complex environment. Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work effectively in a team – someone who is collaborative, flexible, reliable, with a strong ‘can do attitude’.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). The ability to speak and write to a high standard is crucial. You will frequently have to present new products and write engaging copy, telling the ‘story’ of products, for various marketing channels.
- Experience working in another fast-growing start-up preferred
- Experience within Virtual Production, Broadcast, Film, Live Events, Concert Touring
- Understanding of Image processing, SDI video, IP, real-time engines is desired but not essential
- Proven experience in Product Marketing
- Data-driven with an analytical mind-set
- Experience in market analysis
- An excellent level of written and verbal English
- Strong project management ability
- Highly organised with outstanding attention to detail
- Experience in key technologies: Salesforce, Pardot, Content Management Systems, Google Analytics, website technologies
Essential soft skills
- Passionate about creating a customer service-based mentality, both internally and externally
- Flexible and adaptable to work effectively in our fast-paced environment
- Strong team worker and contribute to our 'one team' culture – high levels of cooperation and communication
- Energy, drive and resilience
- Professional, enthusiastic and fun
- Friendly, approachable and helpful
- Honest, discreet, trustworthy
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative
- Commitment to personal development
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, we are also now leading the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote Virtual Production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Auckland, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. Transparency and integrity are core to how we approach each other and our work at disguise. Our culture relies on clear, courageous conversations and proactively sharing feedback with the intent to help each other and the business to grow.
- Evolutionary. We are always seeking to be even better. We push the limits of what is possible so both our technology and our disguisers stay ahead of the game.
- Fearless. Innovation and a pioneering attitude are key to our success. Disguisers are empowered to experiment, work autonomously and grow from their experiences.
- Resilient. Disguisers are determined to succeed and will not give up when things get tough. We are committed to doing what is right, rather than what is easy, and will adapt to finding the best path forward.
- Belong. We are committed to being the difference. Every disguiser has a role to play in creating an inclusive environment where people belong and can do their best work every day.
We want to make sure we attract and retain the best talent out there. For permanent disguisers globally, some of our benefits and perks include:
- LTIP scheme - disguise is aiming for $1bn 'unicorn' valuation in 2025, which would mean a payout to ALL employees (representing between 3 month and 2 years worth of salary)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - with minimum time you must take set at 20% above statutory
- Gig Allowance - £400 or local equivalent to spend on tickets every year, to immerse yourself in our industries
- Flexible hours - some people start work at 10am, and others begin at 7am and finish earlier. Create a pattern that works for your team and for you
- Hybrid working between home and our offices (dependent on role and location)
- Long Service Awards (3, 5, 10+ years)
- Belonging policies - including (but not limited to) support for Parental, Fertility, Miscarriage, Menopause and Transitioning
- Mental health and wellbeing support - subscription to the Calm app, weekly desk-yoga, mental health first-aid buddies, Employee Assistance Programmes
- Training, coaching & mentoring
Health and pension benefits vary based on local requirements.
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.