disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
Role: Unreal Technical Artist
Department: Polygon Labs
Location: US (NYC, or East Coast)
Reports into: Chief Creative Officer
About the role:
The Polygon Labs team at disguise is looking for a Technical Artist with a broad knowledge of Unreal Engine.
We are very excited about the recent acquisition of Polygon Labs (read more here) and this role is key for creative innovation, leadership, and team building. You will be working cohesively with a team of technical artists, 3D artists, animation artists and Unreal developers to create the unique vision developed for our broadcast customers.
What you will do:
- Real-time Graphics development using Unreal Engine tools
- Interactive application design
- Modeling, Lighting, and Rendering
- Virtual production workflow
- Complex shading development
- Motion capture set up
- Environmental look development
- Travel to client sites from time to time
Experience we are looking for:
- Advance working knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Experience or an understanding of blueprints
- Experience managing multiple projects at the same time
- You have an agile approach to design and can prioritize tasks effectively
Skills, behaviors and values we are looking for:
- You will have clear communication, both verbal and written
- You will have excellent attention to detail
- You will enjoy problem solving complex issues with a curious and inquisitive mind
- You will be technically competent and interested in building out a product (i.e. what the product should do, what else can make the product great)
- You will be collaborative, working with the team to build a product and knowledge share
- You will be passionate to expand your knowledge
- You will have the resilience to keep experimenting
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, in the past year we have also led the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote virtual production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Barcelona, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. We are real with ourselves and our clients and share our ideas with openness and transparency.
- Evolutionary. We innovate using our user’s ever-changing needs so our technology remains ahead-of-the-game.
- Fearless. We take the best path, not the easiest, and innovate where it’s right, not where it’s simplest.
- Resilience. We don’t give up until we find the right solution, even if it means going outside our remit.
- Belong. We create an environment where everyone feels like they belong and is empowered to do their best work.
We have a really competitive benefits package as we want to make sure we retain the best talent globally out there.
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.