disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
Role: Front End Developer
Department: Engineering (cloud services)
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Reports into: Lead Software Engineer
About the role:
As a Front End Designer/Developer you’ll be working with the cloud services team to build high-quality, scalable, and reusable web components and interactive designs. We’re looking for candidates with a keen design eye, an interest in design systems and component libraries and crucially experience using TailwindCSS and ideally Vue/React as well.
The Cloud Services team is a new and growing group within disguise that is responsible for designing and building connected, web backed products and services that will have effects across the entire company. You’ll get to work closely with the Head of Cloud, the UX team and other skilled developers to help define and implement design templates and systems for the suite of cloud enabled tools.
The ideal candidate would be comfortable in translating static designs from Figma into usable, interactive and responsive templates using best practices and modern approaches.
You’ll have excellent attention to detail; and you’ll be comfortable with new technologies and systems and have a good understanding of accessibility standards.
Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise. All teams work remotely, so you must be able to work solo and self-direct and communicate effectively.
What you will do:
- Build high-quality, scalable, and reusable web components
- Transform Figma designs into Front-end code using Tailwind CSS
- Optimise existing code for performance and accessibility
- Defining and implementing a design system and/or component library for the Cloud Products
- Building Vue controls to demonstrate functionality to the engineering team
- Taking a rough idea for a product in the form of a scope document, and build out a prototype and design breakdown with the product team
- Taking that same product scope all the way from document to a production system
Experience we are looking for:
- Experience building design systems and templates TailwindCSS and experience with Vue
- Experience with Flexbox or similar
- Experience using Figma or similar design applications
- Exposure to standard AWS product stacks
- Experience working in a dev team to create and review code as well as fix bugs
- Experience contributing to a software product in a commercial environment
- Experience discussing design criteria such as colour, typography and layout
Skills, behaviours, and values we are looking for:
- You will have clear communication, both verbal and written
- You will have excellent attention to detail, when writing and reviewing code
- You will enjoy problem solving complex issues with a curious and inquisitive mind
- You will be technically competent and interested in building out a product (ie, what the product should do, what else can make the product great)
- You will be collaborative, working with the team, different stakeholders, and subject matter experts to build a product and knowledge share
- You will be pragmatic in the way you approach writing code
- You will be passionate to expand your knowledge
- You will have the resilience to keep experimenting
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, in the past year we have also led the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote virtual production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Barcelona, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. We are real with ourselves and our clients and share our ideas with openness and transparency.
- Evolutionary. We innovate using our user’s ever-changing needs so our technology remains ahead-of-the-game.
- Fearless. We take the best path, not the easiest, and innovate where it’s right, not where it’s simplest.
- Resilience. We don’t give up until we find the right solution, even if it means going outside our remit.
- Belong. We create an environment where everyone feels like they belong and is empowered to do their best work.
We have a really competitive benefits package as we want to make sure we retain the best talent globally out there.
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.