disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
Role: Group Financial Controller
Reports into: VP of Finance
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position is pivotal in ensuring the financial integrity of the subsidiary and Group accounts. The role oversees strong financial controls and working with a transactional team on timely accounts supporting balance sheet reconciliations produced for all subsidiaries.
disguise has ambitious growth plans for the next 3 years which will give the right individual a clear path for progression within the business.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Head, the department day to day, running covering: cash flow, reporting, treasury, tax, control environment, statutory and banking relationships and ERP Systems.
- Lead the yearly group Audit across all legal entities.
- Work with the Tax Manager to ensure compliance across all subsidiaries.
- Drive operational excellence with the use of KPIs
- Respond timely to queries from the board and leadership teams across the business.
- Ownership of control and governance documentation working closely with the Finance Managers in the business.
- Managing the team across the month end close for the Disguise Group of Companies for over 15 entities, across 4 geographies.
- Prepare consolidation and review of reconciliations of all material balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Check Intercompany accounts are reconciled between the group entities
- Ensure SLAs within the team are adhered to and education for the wider business for financial best practices across a rapidly growing business.
- Ownership of the weekly cash flow preparation for the group managing the teams tasks within the process.
- Research technical accounting issues and assist in the preparation of papers to support proposed accounting treatment.
- Overall ownership of VAT/GST Tax reporting to authorities across our geographies.
- Working closely with Operations team to manage the stock accounting and ensure accuracy.
- Working with the Overseas team to ensure monthly numbers are reviewed and reconciled.
- Qualified ACCA, CIMA, ACA.
- Strong and demonstrable team leadership of 4-5 direct reports and wider team of 13 with some heads based in New Zealand and USA.
- University Degree Minimum 2.1
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (must be strong on pivot tables, look-up functions and using complex formulas), Word
- Google Suite – Sheets, Docs
- NetSuite and Salesforce experience preferred.
- Strong Analytical and decision-making skills
- Experience working in Private Equity and B2B environment is desirable.
- Minimum of 7+ years working in a global organization preparing group and statutory subsidiary accounts.
- Knowledge of VAT and tax from a UK perspective and US preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with presenting experience.
- Experience of leading a commercial team.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills.
- Experience within a Private Equity backed business is highly advantageous
- Able to demonstrate initiative and work to tight deadlines.
- Keen to learn new skills, processes and systems
- Ability to work flexibly within a team, in a faced paced environment
- Results-driven with high attention to detail.
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, we are also now leading the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote Virtual Production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Auckland, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. Transparency and integrity are core to how we approach each other and our work at disguise. Our culture relies on clear, courageous conversations and proactively sharing feedback with the intent to help each other and the business to grow.
- Evolutionary. We are always seeking to be even better. We push the limits of what is possible so both our technology and our disguisers stay ahead of the game.
- Fearless. Innovation and a pioneering attitude are key to our success. Disguisers are empowered to experiment, work autonomously and grow from their experiences.
- Resilient. Disguisers are determined to succeed and will not give up when things get tough. We are committed to doing what is right, rather than what is easy, and will adapt to finding the best path forward.
- Belong. We are committed to being the difference. Every disguiser has a role to play in creating an inclusive environment where people belong and can do their best work every day.
We want to make sure we attract and retain the best talent out there. For permanent disguisers globally, some of our benefits and perks include:
- LTIP scheme - disguise is aiming for $1bn 'unicorn' valuation in 2025, which would mean a payout to ALL employees (representing between 3 month and 2 years worth of salary)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - with minimum time you must take set at 20% above statutory
- Gig Allowance - £400 or local equivalent to spend on tickets every year, to immerse yourself in our industries
- Flexible hours - some people start work at 10am, and others begin at 7am and finish earlier. Create a pattern that works for your team and for you
- Hybrid working between home and our offices (dependent on role and location)
- Long Service Awards (3, 5, 10+ years)
- Belonging policies - including (but not limited to) support for Parental, Fertility, Miscarriage, Menopause and Transitioning
- Mental health and wellbeing support - subscription to the Calm app, weekly desk-yoga, mental health first-aid buddies, Employee Assistance Programmes
- Training, coaching & mentoring
Health and pension benefits vary based on local requirements.
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.