disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
Role: Senior Trainer - US
About the role:
As a Senior Trainer at disguise, you will play a vital role in providing comprehensive training and support for our industry-leading products
This role will be a key member of our training team, working closely with the US sales team and central UK training team, to plan and deliver key client training on disguise systems and solutions.
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining training documents to support internal teams and clients. The role will be responsible for manage and growing our roster of training partners in the US, ensuring effective collaboration and consistent training delivery.
This role will require occasional travel to our LA office.
What you will do:
- Conduct in-depth training sessions on disguise products, particularly the designer software, for clients and internal teams.
- Develop and deliver training materials, presentations, and hands-on workshops to ensure effective learning experiences.
- Provide technical support and guidance to clients and colleagues, addressing any product-related inquiries or issues.
- Collaborate with the product development team to provide feedback on usability, functionality, and potential enhancements.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest features, updates, and industry trends related to disguise products.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of documentation, including user manuals, training guides, and knowledge base articles.
- Regular travel to client sites will be required and participation in trade shows or industry events as needed.
- Extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of disguise products, particularly designer software.
- Strong training and presentation skills with the ability to convey complex concepts in a clear and engaging manner.
- Excellent documentation skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with clients and internal teams.
- An excellent standard of English both written and oral
- Flexibility to travel, both domestically and internationally, as required.
- Experience in the live events, entertainment, or film/TV industry.
- Familiarity with other virtual production technologies and workflows.
- Knowledge of networking and hardware setup in a live event environment.
- Experience with content creation and media server systems.
- Training certification or relevant teaching/training experience.
- Experience with Flare
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, we are also now leading the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote Virtual Production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Auckland, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. Transparency and integrity are core to how we approach each other and our work at disguise. Our culture relies on clear, courageous conversations and proactively sharing feedback with the intent to help each other and the business to grow.
- Evolutionary. We are always seeking to be even better. We push the limits of what is possible so both our technology and our disguisers stay ahead of the game.
- Fearless. Innovation and a pioneering attitude are key to our success. Disguisers are empowered to experiment, work autonomously and grow from their experiences.
- Resilient. Disguisers are determined to succeed and will not give up when things get tough. We are committed to doing what is right, rather than what is easy, and will adapt to finding the best path forward.
- Belong. We are committed to being the difference. Every disguiser has a role to play in creating an inclusive environment where people belong and can do their best work every day.
We want to make sure we attract and retain the best talent out there. For permanent disguisers globally, some of our benefits and perks include:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - with minimum time you must take set at 20% above statutory
- Gig Allowance - £400 or local equivalent to spend on tickets every year, to immerse yourself in our industries
- Flexible hours - some people start work at 10am, and others begin at 7am and finish earlier. Create a pattern that works for your team and for you
- Hybrid working between home and our offices (dependent on role and location)
- Long Service Awards (3, 5, 10+ years)
- Belonging policies - including (but not limited to) support for Parental, Fertility, Miscarriage, Menopause and Transitioning
- Mental health and wellbeing support - subscription to the Calm app, weekly desk-yoga, mental health first-aid buddies, Employee Assistance Programmes
- Training, coaching & mentoring
Health and pension benefits vary based on local requirements.
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.