disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
Reports to: Group Financial Controller
- Ownership in the resolution of open accounting issues
- Ownership in the month-end global close of subsidiaries
- Robust preparation of month-end balance sheet reconciliation
- Lead monthly meetings with senior finance staff to review reconciliation and highlight any misstatements or material incorrect entries
- Monthly review of balance sheet accounts
- Reviewing and identifying both control and process improvements
- Working closely with stock accountant and accounts receivable accountant to ensure sales and COGS for the month are accurately reported
- Assisting the FC with variance analysis and ensure BS reconciliations are completed and documented each month-end appropriately
- Assisting the FP&A manager and the FC in completing board reporting including variance analysis and commentary
- Overseeing the application of travel and expense claim policies
- Manage the fieldwork for year-end statutory group audit
- Production of statutory accounts under FRS 102 (UK GAAP) for Group and UK entities
- Group consolidation of 15 entities
- Assist with Corporation Tax Filings in various countries
- Updating process and accounting policy documents
- Supporting the Finance Manger and FP&A Manager with adhoc tasks as required
- Fully qualified ACCA or CIMA Accountant with a proven track record in management accounting.
- Knowledge of VAT and tax from a UK perspective
- Experience of consolidation of multi-national, multi-currency group
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to investigate and understand variances and underlying reasons
- Meticulous attention to detail and an inquiring mind for accurate financial reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to confidently liaise with various departments and stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to provide industry-leading customer service to internal and external customers.
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, we are also now leading the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote Virtual Production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Auckland, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. Transparency and integrity are core to how we approach each other and our work at disguise. Our culture relies on clear, courageous conversations and proactively sharing feedback with the intent to help each other and the business to grow.
- Evolutionary. We are always seeking to be even better. We push the limits of what is possible so both our technology and our disguisers stay ahead of the game.
- Fearless. Innovation and a pioneering attitude are key to our success. Disguisers are empowered to experiment, work autonomously and grow from their experiences.
- Resilient. Disguisers are determined to succeed and will not give up when things get tough. We are committed to doing what is right, rather than what is easy, and will adapt to finding the best path forward.
- Belong. We are committed to being the difference. Every disguiser has a role to play in creating an inclusive environment where people belong and can do their best work every day.
We want to make sure we attract and retain the best talent out there. For permanent disguisers globally, some of our benefits and perks include:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - with minimum time you must take set at 20% above statutory
- Gig Allowance - £400 or local equivalent to spend on tickets every year, to immerse yourself in our industries
- Flexible hours - some people start work at 10am, and others begin at 7am and finish earlier. Create a pattern that works for your team and for you
- Hybrid working between home and our offices (dependent on role and location)
- Long Service Awards (3, 5, 10+ years)
- Belonging policies - including (but not limited to) support for Parental, Fertility, Miscarriage, Menopause and Transitioning
- Mental health and wellbeing support - subscription to the Calm app, weekly desk-yoga, mental health first-aid buddies, Employee Assistance Programmes
- Training, coaching & mentoring
Health and pension benefits vary based on local requirements.
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.