disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
Role: Server Service Technician
Reports into: Manufacturing Engineering
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Server Service Technician is a crucial role that aids/works with Support, Operations and Manufacturing Engineering teams. You will be primarily responsible for advising upon returns of servers and the repair of customer servers where a fault is deemed to be found.
You will ensure our servers are repaired to the highest standard set by ourselves and customers globally.
You will need to be well experienced in fault finding and debugging of high end computer hardware. You will need to be able to prioritise tasks and stay on top of multiple repairs, stock management and support tickets running simultaneously.
You will provide hardware/diagnostic expertise to the support team to assist customers where there are unknowns in the field. This will be both remotely via our support ticketing system and also onsite. There will be occasions where you will need to travel onsite to visit the customer and carry out repairs.
You will support and provide insight to Manufacturing Engineering and Hardware on new projects and also help prepare documentation to ensure our suppliers have detailed information on build, test, quality, etc. You will also support Manufacturing Engineering across both supplier and test authorities to ensure best-in-class standards are achieved and maintained at all times.
We want you to be a highly motivated and positive person looking to develop yourself and the team to offer industry-leading levels of support. We want you to be excited about technology and the entertainment industry. Curious to thoroughly investigate, understand and troubleshoot issues.
We will invest in you and your ability to learn, pushing you to grow and expand in the role and the company. You will be surrounded by an experienced team that can help you develop and improve.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Repair hardware failures and upgrades for all disguise media servers
- Prioritise repairs to ensure all repairs are completed within our Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Create detailed repair reports, logging failure types to identify trends in failures
- Manage component stock inventory by updating systems and reordering parts that are running low
- Work with the support team to assist customers with hardware issues, assisting the troubleshooting process and working to a resolution
- Be prepared to travel to the customer and carry out repairs and upgrades onsite
- Be self-motivated and working to always improve the service we offer to our customers
- Use your knowledge and experience to assist the wider team
- Update and maintain internal documents
- Prioritise incoming support cases, escalating critical cases
- Work with the Hardware/ Quality Assurance teams, feeding back hardware issues
The Server Service Technician is expected to have the following skills and knowledge:
- Solid understanding and experience with computer repairs
- Proven understanding of computer hardware
- Good understanding of Windows
- Good understanding of video systems, including signal flow, cable/connector types, commonly used resolutions, refresh rates and colour sampling
- A passport and the ability to travel
- Mature, Collaborative, Responsible
- Self-motivated, proactive and organized
- A genuine interest in people: caring, supportive and lead by example
- Passionate about technology
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, we are also now leading the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote Virtual Production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Auckland, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. Transparency and integrity are core to how we approach each other and our work at disguise. Our culture relies on clear, courageous conversations and proactively sharing feedback with the intent to help each other and the business to grow.
- Evolutionary. We are always seeking to be even better. We push the limits of what is possible so both our technology and our disguisers stay ahead of the game.
- Fearless. Innovation and a pioneering attitude are key to our success. Disguisers are empowered to experiment, work autonomously and grow from their experiences.
- Resilient. Disguisers are determined to succeed and will not give up when things get tough. We are committed to doing what is right, rather than what is easy, and will adapt to finding the best path forward.
- Belong. We are committed to being the difference. Every disguiser has a role to play in creating an inclusive environment where people belong and can do their best work every day.
We want to make sure we attract and retain the best talent out there. For permanent disguisers globally, some of our benefits and perks include:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - with minimum time you must take set at 20% above statutory
- Gig Allowance - £400 or local equivalent to spend on tickets every year, to immerse yourself in our industries
- Flexible hours - some people start work at 10am, and others begin at 7am and finish earlier. Create a pattern that works for your team and for you
- Hybrid working between home and our offices (dependent on role and location)
- Long Service Awards (3, 5, 10+ years)
- Belonging policies - including (but not limited to) support for Parental, Fertility, Miscarriage, Menopause and Transitioning
- Mental health and wellbeing support - subscription to the Calm app, weekly desk-yoga, mental health first-aid buddies, Employee Assistance Programmes
- Training, coaching & mentoring
Health and pension benefits vary based on local requirements.
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.