disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
Disguise is at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world. As the leading platform for designing, sequencing and controlling the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events we’re at an exciting point in our journey.
Responsible for the product vision, strategy and stewardship of our platform, Product Managers are key to the success of Disguise. You’ll collaborate with our amazing community, work with the wider business and senior leadership team ensuring transparency and clear communication every step of the way.
As Product Manager you will be passionate about the Media & Entertainment industry and continuously driving innovation to move our products and platform forward. We strive to ensure our customers and users are able to deliver jaw-dropping experiences each and every time they work with Disguise.
- Be the voice of our customers. Never settling for the status quo and ensuring our customers and users needs are at the heart of every problem you solve and outcome you deliver;
- Drive product thinking and champion a product-led culture centred around a focused strategy, outcomes and value;
- Use product and user insights to frame and challenge hypotheses and ideas. Leveraging your findings to continually enhance the product and customer experience;
- Take ownership of your product continually assessing strengths, weaknesses, product market fit and defining areas of opportunity;
- Collaborate with other key business areas including Sales, Marketing, Technology, Customer Success and Operations to develop, launch and support products on our platform that continually push the boundaries;
- Work closely with UX, brand and customer experience to create and simplify workflows that deepen user engagement;
- Understand competing products and the views, and wants, of our users in existing, emerging and fast-moving markets.
- Contribute to the overall improvements in product management capabilities within the team, and across Disguise, by sharing insights, experience and helping others build their knowledge and skills base.
- An entrepreneurial spirit! You will need to be a self-motivated, dedicated and quick learner who is ambitious and able to work both independently and within a team;
- Experience working with Engineering, Design and UX teams. And a proven track record in delivery and managing complex products, platform and/or services;
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations.
- Great communication skills and the ability to convey your ideas effectively and show thought leadership;
- A demonstrable ability to collaborate with and influence multiple partners gaining alignment and sign-off as, and when, appropriate;
- The confidence to be able to say “no,” and explain why in terms that stakeholders understand;
- Experience, and understanding, of optimising products through testing and analysis, including A/B testing, qualitative and quantitative research, data mining and web analytics;
- An understanding of resourcing, forecasting and budgeting with experience in making priority calls and recommending appropriate trade-offs as and when necessary.
Desirable, yet not essential:
- Experience with real-time graphics engines, such as Unreal, TouchDesigner and Notch
- Product management certification
- Experience with SaaS-based products or platforms and adopting new technologies to deliver media products or services.
- Experience working in Media & Entertainment, specifically the Live Events, Fixed Installations, Virtual Production or Broadcast industries.
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, we are also now leading the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote Virtual Production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Auckland, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. Transparency and integrity are core to how we approach each other and our work at disguise. Our culture relies on clear, courageous conversations and proactively sharing feedback with the intent to help each other and the business to grow.
- Evolutionary. We are always seeking to be even better. We push the limits of what is possible so both our technology and our disguisers stay ahead of the game.
- Fearless. Innovation and a pioneering attitude are key to our success. Disguisers are empowered to experiment, work autonomously and grow from their experiences.
- Resilient. Disguisers are determined to succeed and will not give up when things get tough. We are committed to doing what is right, rather than what is easy, and will adapt to finding the best path forward.
- Belong. We are committed to being the difference. Every disguiser has a role to play in creating an inclusive environment where people belong and can do their best work every day.
We want to make sure we attract and retain the best talent out there. For permanent disguisers globally, some of our benefits and perks include:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - with minimum time you must take set at 20% above statutory
- Gig Allowance - £400 or local equivalent to spend on tickets every year, to immerse yourself in our industries
- Flexible hours - some people start work at 10am, and others begin at 7am and finish earlier. Create a pattern that works for your team and for you
- Hybrid working between home and our offices (dependent on role and location)
- Long Service Awards (3, 5, 10+ years)
- Belonging policies - including (but not limited to) support for Parental, Fertility, Miscarriage, Menopause and Transitioning
- Mental health and wellbeing support - subscription to the Calm app, weekly desk-yoga, mental health first-aid buddies, Employee Assistance Programmes
- Training, coaching & mentoring
Health and pension benefits vary based on local requirements.
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.