The Research Director will work closely with the Senior Leadership, Scientific Advisors and lead the Research team to develop and grow our capacity for financing and developing the most impactful nature-based solutions projects in the voluntary carbon market. This is a very exciting opportunity to further define how we can add value to emerging markets in nature-based solutions going beyond carbon, that help restore biodiversity and support communities most impacted by climate change.
What we're looking for
Above all else we're looking for someone who has:
- a passion to make a positive impact towards both the climate and biodiversity crises
- an unquenchable curiosity coupled with the ability to learn new tools and techniques quickly
Your work will be critical to the success of Earthly and will involve:
- Leveraging existing relationships and building strategic partnerships with project developers, standard setters, and other actors in the voluntary market to grow our project pipeline and channel opportunities.
- Applying your technical background and collaborating with our Scientific Board to identify emerging trends and challenges in the field of nature-based solutions, informing the development of our projects portfolio and value-add offerings (such as our project assessment framework and data analytics).
- Building strategies and efficient processes to deliver on current and future demand for high-quality nature-based solution projects.
- Managing and expanding our research team, using your experience to compassionately lead and develop the individuals in their craft and careers
Our ideal candidate will likely have
- Extensive experience, including both academic & commercial research with a focus on nature-based solutions, sustainability and/or voluntary carbon markets
- Deep understanding of the opportunities and challenges in the project development cycle, ideally including the origination of nature protection, restoration or sustainable use projects
- Extensive network and experience sourcing projects and managing partnerships globally or in particular regions of the world
- Curiosity to solve problems within existing and emerging voluntary markets and enthusiasm to deliver a real-world impact.
- Strong communication skills (writing, presenting, leading)
- Ambition to help grow an early-stage start-up to become a leader in helping both reverse climate breakdown & restore our planet.
At Earthly, we believe diversity is the cornerstone of innovation. We embrace uniqueness and continually strive for equity for all. Ultimately, our team powers Earthly. We want all our employees to feel valued and appreciated for who they are, where they come from, and what they've achieved. Our employee policy is designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.
4-day work week: We are passionate about the right work/life balance and we give you back 1 day per week to spend with your family, on your health & wellbeing, to support other social impact projects and your personal & professional development
Flexible Working Hours: We expect you to drive our mission forward every day when you’re at work. Within reason, we do not mind when this happens. We just mind that it happens.
Personalised Workspace: We want your workspace ergonomic, comfortable, and productive. We offer a stipend for improving the quality of your workspace.
Parental Leave: Building a family is another full-time job. We want to ensure that you are able to fulfil your duties as a parent, without having to worry about your future at the company. As such, we offer generous maternal and paternal leave.
Caregiving Leave: We appreciate that life can throw difficult situations your way. If a loved one is critically ill or injured, or if they require end-of-life care, we'll encourage you to take time off and will support you in that decision.
Climate Positive: We believe in leading by example and provide you with the tools to map out your personal carbon footprint, identify reduction pathways and we then balance 110% via our NbS partners.
Professional Development: We want the team to always have opportunities for continued growth, whether that's in areas related to your role or not. We encourage you to reach out for financial support in relation to professional development.
The package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Future share options
- 23 days holiday
- Remote working (within 2 hours of GMT)
- Bi-annual team trips to meet and work with your colleagues
- Fortnightly team VR social sessions (Oculus Quest 2 provided)
To apply, please complete the form below. Thank you for your interest.
We accept applications from direct applicants only, strictly no recruiters or agencies please