The promise of web3 is to upgrade the very foundations of our society – from money, finance, and governance to media, gaming, and science. To deliver on that promise, decentralized technologies are to be integrated into the everyday experiences of billions of people. For engineering, this is a mountain of a challenge.
Eiger was founded to develop infrastructure for web3 mass adoption. We help technology companies improve and integrate the core technologies of web3 to meet the climbing demands for scale and performance.
We currently employ 25+ senior web3 engineers across the globe and work with some of the most ambitious organizations in the industry, including Forte, Aleo, and XRP Labs, to name a few.
We are looking for a Senior Rust Engineer to join us. You would be working with our distributed team of engineers on new products, core protocols, or client projects. The position is remote-first, but we hope to get some face time in the form of company retreats.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Researching and understanding complex protocols
- Designing, implementing, and documenting distributed systems
- Developing protocols or protocol-driven applications in Rust
- Designing and developing testing and quality assurance processes
- Communicating with clients or open source communities
Must-have skills and qualifications:
- Experience in systems programming
- Experience in leading small teams
- Ability to design interoperable software architectures
- At least 5+ years of experience in collaborative software development
- At least 3 year of hands-on Rust experience
- Full proficiency in English
- Experience with domain-specific languages
- Cryptography & infosec knowledge
Salary & benefits:
Salary and benefits will be negotiated separately based on the candidate’s skills and experience. Please note that we hire our international talent residing outside of Finland with contractor status, this means that you'd be invoicing us every month and paying your own social security contributions.
In terms of benefits we treat all contractors like employees so you would get sick days, paid national holidays of the country of residence and 2.5 paid vacation days per month worked.
Take this into consideration and make sure to include your salary request in the application!
More about the company:
Read more about our vision and projects on our website eiger.co
Please, include in your application:
- A short paragraph on why you would like to work at Eiger specifically
- Links to any relevant content (Github, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Your salary request
- Potential starting date