Equilibrium Labs designs & builds core infrastructure for the decentralized web. We are an R&D company focused on hard engineering problems around security, privacy, and scaling of blockchain-based cloud infrastructure. While we love to experiment and launch products & technologies of our own, we also partner with leading builders such as Aleo, Starknet, Solana, and Avail to help accelerate their development.
Our teams are self-organizing; they design their processes and choose their tools. We understand that each team and each project has different needs. We trust our teams to deliver and let them execute project deliverables the way they believe is best.
Equilibrium Labs is a part of Equilibrium Group, the mothership for Labs, and three other companies specializing in decentralized technologies.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join us. You would be working with our distributed team of engineers on new products, core protocols, or client projects. The position is remote-first, but we hope to get some face time in the form of company retreats.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Researching and understanding complex protocols
- Designing, implementing, and documenting distributed systems
- Developing protocols or protocol-driven applications in Rust
- Designing and developing testing and quality assurance processes
- Communicating with clients or open source communities
Must-have skills and qualifications:
- Experience in systems programming
- Experience in leading small teams
- Ability to design interoperable software architectures
- At least 5+ years of experience in collaborative software development
- At least 3 years of hands-on Rust experience
- Full proficiency in English
- Experience with domain-specific languages
- Cryptography & infosec knowledge
Salary & benefits:
Salary and benefits will be negotiated separately based on the candidate’s skills and experience. Please note that we hire our talent outside of Finland with contractor status. This means you'd invoice the company monthly and pay your social security contributions.
In terms of paid time off, we treat all contractors like employees: everyone gets paid national holidays of the country of residence, sick days, and 5 weeks of paid vacation per year.
Take this into consideration, and please include your salary request in the application!
More about the company:
Read more about our vision and projects on our website.
Please, include in your application:
- A short paragraph on why you would like to work at Equilibrium specifically
- Links to any relevant content (Github, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Your salary request
- Potential starting date