Equilibrium is a leading global developer of decentralised technologies. We design, build, and implement solutions in critical, industry-defining projects for core Web3 infrastructure. Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Finland, Equilibrium is a remote-first, distributed company of ~60 people across ~20 countries including senior engineers, economists, and cryptographers.
We work across three primary commercial activities: Consulting (high value-add engineering services, including end-to-end architectural design and implementation in blockchain and related systems), Venturing (internal studio for diversified, scalable Web3 products and applications through proprietary R&D), and Investing (capital deployment in large-cap liquid tokens and early-stage, illiquid Web3 related companies and technologies). We are a leading adviser to many of the most prominent, Tier I organisations in the industry, including Ethereum Foundation, Web3 Foundation, Zcash Foundation, Protocol Labs, Solana Foundation, Forte, Dapper Labs, and Aleo to name but a few.
Our teams are largely self-organising; they design their own processes and choose their own tools. We understand that each team and each project has different needs. We trust our teams to deliver and let them execute on project deliverables in the way they believe is best.
We are looking for a Smart Contract Developer who is interested in StarkNet Cairo or even has some hands-on experience with it. Also any development experience with other blockchain technologies helps - the most helpful would be Ethereum EVM development.
You would be working with our Cairo team, further enhancing Equilibrium’s StarkNet capabilities. The Cairo team is currently working on bringing multi-signature functionality into StarkNet, so this would probably be your first project.
Equilibrium has already launched the first version of the StarkNet Pathfinder node and is an established brand among the ecosystem.
The position is remote-first, but we hope to get some face time in the form of company retreats.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and deploying smart contracts for Equilibrium projects and those of our clients
- Participating in critical design discussions to understand how such contracts fit into a larger, holistic, project setting
- Interacting with the StarkNet community to keep them up to date of our progress, but also to gain insights from them
- Thoughtful assessment of non-Ethereum, non-Solidity blockchains, and smart contract languages for their potential use in Equilibrium projects
- Expanding Equilibrium’s portfolio of languages into new promising ones by choosing, learning, and eventually coaching others on the use of those languages.
Must-have skills and qualifications:
- Experience with Cairo, Ethereum or similar development
- Familiarity with tools such as Nile and Hardhat, or equivalent
- Full proficiency in English
- Python experience
- Experience setting up and working within team development environments and CI/CD workflows
- Ethereum Solidity experience
- Examples of deployed dApps you have worked on
- Solid writing skills
Salary & benefits:
Salary and benefits will be negotiated separately based on the candidate’s skills and experience. Please note that we hire our international talent residing outside of Finland with contractor status (being a contractor at Equilibrium does not mean short-term projects or no benefits!) Take this into consideration and make sure to include your salary request in the application!
More about the company:
Read more about our vision and projects on our website.
Please, include in your application:
- A short paragraph on why you would like to work at Equilibrium specifically
- Links to any relevant content (Github, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Your salary request
- Potential starting date