Evmos is on a mission to develop and ship the tools necessary to build cross-chain applications of the future, freeing developers from the confines of today’s siloed blockchains.
We are building a fairer financial system without limits, for everyone, everywhere, by leveraging the latest, most secure and scalable technology: blockchain.
Check out our website and read our latest manifesto!
About the role
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Berlin - exceptions will be considered for strong candidates within Europe.
As our Software Engineer, you will play a vital role within our dedicated Core Protocol team.
As part of our team, you'll have the unique opportunity to collaborate with other engineering teams and engage with projects within the wider ecosystem like IBC, Cosmos, and Tendermint Core teams.
We will teach you how to implement app chains using the Cosmos SDK framework & the CometBFT (Tendermint) Consensus Engine and also how smart contracts work at a lower lever using the EVM and go-ethereum (aka. Geth).
Your main responsibilities:
- Test & Code: Write production-quality code in Go that is easy to audit and efficient in terms of deployment, execution, and maintenance.
- Innovate: Participate in driving technical specifications, design, architecture, and the implementation for our EVM on the Cosmos SDK.
- Own: Have an ownership role in all elements of project lifecycles: research, design, development, testing & reviews, Q/A, and deployment.
- Measure and take initiative: Help us minimize tech debt while strategically driving new features that power all the decentralized applications deployed on Evmos.
- Build for others: Use different technologies like Protobuf encoding, write API clients in gRPC, JSON-RPC, or REST
- Document well: Write clean and effective documentation and comments so that you can communicate the changes you implemented to the rest of the team, open source contributors and auditors.
Who we’re looking for
We are seeking a smart, driven and flexible candidate, who is obsessed with building production-ready code and wants to join a team of talented engineers that are excited to change how we transact.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience with a focus on blockchain technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Proficient in Golang, demonstrating expertise in best practices, concurrency primitives, packages go/*, and reflection, with the ability to produce high-quality code for production environments.
- Hands-on experience with Cosmos SDK, Tendermint, and other relevant blockchain technologies.
- Familiarity with blockchain concepts such as smart contracts, governance, wallet transactions, and Cosmos SDK.
- In-depth knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including networking, storage, operating systems, data structures, transpilers/compilers, etc.
- Agile development experience, with the ability to adapt to dynamic project requirements.
- Proficient in UNIX network stack (TCP/IP, HTTP) and experience with gRPC.
- Strong background in using git for version control.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
We especially encourage engineers who possess some of the above skills, even if they lack prior experience working specifically in blockchain technologies. Although a formal CS degree is not strictly required, we are looking with someone with “computer science fundamentals” or relevant experience in the field.
Nice to Haves
- Understanding of blockchain technology, distributed systems, or cryptography
- Knowledge of Solidity and Rust
- Experience working with Docker, and/or Kubernetes.
- Experience working with any public cloud service (eg. AWS or GCP).
- Familiarity with code generation tools, CI/CD practices, and infrastructure as code.
- You are well-connected and have given conference talks or written content to boost your personal brand, for example.
- You want to help us build community in the cities where we operate.
Why Choose Evmos?
People make Evmos! We understand the importance of work-life balance and pride ourselves on our warm & welcoming culture and hybrid environment that makes room for everyone's needs!
You'll be joining at a pivotal time on our growth journey - we just raised $27m in funding from investors, and we're poised to accelerate towards our goal of becoming the playground for Ethereum Apps in the Cosmos ecosystem.
Our team are pioneers in teaching the first university-level Blockchain for Developers course at UC Berkeley, and are the perfect guides for your journey. On top of all that, we also offer:
- Flexible hours to ensure that our team members can work at times that suit their individual needs and schedules.
- Openness, transparency, and trust
- We foster creativity and innovation - everyone's ideas and opinions are valued and respected
- All team members feel welcome and appreciated for who they are
- We love getting together as a team and hosting community events! This is a great opportunity to network in a relaxed environment and meet like-minded people in the Cosmos community!
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative industry
- Professional development opportunities
- Health and wellness benefits
Please reach out to us if you have a special requirement when applying to a position and we will happily take it into consideration.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, age or any other legally protected status.