Our team is focused on building Evmos, the port-of-entry for launching applications across multiple blockchains.
Evmos is the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) Hub on Cosmos and enables developers to launch apps that run smart contracts across any number of EVM and Cosmos-based blockchains. It makes that process as simple and seamless as possible by allowing developers to continue creating apps in programming languages like Solidity or Vyper they’re already accustomed to in the Ethereum ecosystem.
Evmos opens a new frontier for blockchain applications, expanding the functionality of the EVM by enabling cross-chain applications that tap the liquidity and user bases of multiple blockchain ecosystems to provide more unified experiences.
What you'll be doing
- Drive developer community growth and engagement, both online (Discord, Twitter) and offline (meetups, hackathons, conferences).
- Write documentation, technical articles, guides, tutorials, and other forms of content for our technical audience.
- Deliver presentations that resonate with the developer community.
- Support developers building on Evmos with feedback, guidance, and best practices.
- Provide third-party teams with the support they need to port their projects onto Evmos.
- Maintain and evolve our technical documentation (architecture docs, guides, API schemas, etc).
- Attend and speak at technical events ranging from local meetups to global developer-focused conferences (Cosmoverse, ETHGlobal, etc).
- Work closely with our product, engineering and community teams by translating developer feedback into actionable insights.
What you will learn
- You’ll get familiarity with blockchain technologies and to a point where you can develop an intensive depth of knowledge of them.
- Developing applications and protocols on Ethereum or Cosmos.
- Other disciplines: Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain can often involve economics, mathematics, cryptography, distributed systems, and more.
Nice to Have
- Solid understanding of blockchain technology, distributed systems, or cryptography.
- Experience speaking, writing, and communicating with technical audiences.
- Familiarity with Solidity, the EVM or go-ethereum, Tendermint, and Cosmos SDK.
- Experience working on a project that is integrated with Evmos EVM.
- You are well connected and had given conference talks or written content to boost your personal brand, for example.
- You want to help us build a developer community in the cities where we operate.
Below is a list of company benefits available to Evmos employees. We are constantly updating them as part of the regular feedback cycle from the team. Please reach out to us if you have a special requirement when applying to a position and we will happily take it into consideration.
- Competitive salary, plus token package
- Fitness and mental health/mindfulness stipends
- All necessary equipment, tech, and office setup
- Global co-work membership (for remote employees)
- Health Care coverage
- Quarterly team off-sites and retreats
- Full reimbursement for ecosystem conferences (travel, accommodation, and tickets)
- Continuous learning stipends / Educational budget
- Transportation stipends, eg: Bike, public transportation, Uber / cab (in case of work-related or after-hour traveling)
- Unlimited vacation policy for full-time employees
- PTO and situation-specific support
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship for US or Germany*
- Subject to review by local authorities