WORK LOCATION: Berlin & Home Office as hybrid model
DIRECT REPORT: Head of Translations
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Translation of SEO optimised product descriptions, marketing and manufacturing content from German and English into Finnish
- Revision, proofreading, and post-editing of translated documents
- Perform pre-translation, including machine translation, terminology extraction, keyword generating, etc.
- Provide feedback to translation coordinators and other content writers to improve linguistic quality and processes
WHAT YOU BRING IN
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 3-year college or university, ideally translation or language studies
- Finnish is your mother tongue, and you have excellent written communication skills in English and communicative level of German
- Previous experience as a translator is plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Teams, Outlook, Excel)
- Familiarity with Translation Memory Tools is desirable but not required (Smartcat)
- You will demonstrate an ability to: multitask in a fast-paced environment, work well with people from a variety of different backgrounds and cultures, build relationships with co-workers, work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to organise oneself and meet deadlines on time
WHAT WE PROVIDE
The DEVELOPMENT of each exponDOer is of the upmost importance to us:
- You will be assigned to a buddy, who will support, advise and simply be there during there for you during the first 4 to 6 weeks of the onboarding.
- Your opinion makes a difference, and you will help us to shape with us expondo’s future.
- We provide free user accounts for both Udemy for Business and Babble to promote your constant development.
We offer all our employees the FREEDOM to work how it is best suited to their needs:
- Whether it will be remote, from the office or a hybrid of both, we will support any decision made and provide the needed hardware to work in comfort.
- If you decide to work at one our locations, all the recommended protective measures are in place for a safe working environment.
- We provide flexible working hours, work-free weekends, and there are no nightshifts.
In our CULTURE we respect our employees’ needs and care for each other:
- We care about everyone’s physical and mental health, and that is why we provide the best possible conditions for a sustainable work-life balance.
- We also grant expondo sponsored psychological support for all our employees around the clock.
- You will be a part of a diverse team in which good humour, mutual support and respect are highly valued.
The expondo group is an international e-commerce company with more than 400 employees. We are a renowned manufacturer and online retailer of niche products created by experts for experts, operating in Europe and having locations in Germany, Poland, Hong Kong and China. Our focus is to provide our customers with an appropriate and scalable service.
To be a part of the extended expondo family is to be a part of an ambitious and dynamic global company. What lies ahead in terms of future is in the hands of our employees. It is their ideas, vision, skills, and talents which allow for us to succeed in this fast paced, globalizing world. It is the trust, partnership, and commitment that we have for each other which is the key to achieving further success, as we move forward together by owning our actions.
It’s time to get it done with expondo and the time is now.
Personal and functional designations are valid for all genders (male/female/diverse)
Your contact person:
Dorota Piotrowska| Talent Acquisition Manager
expondo Polska sp. z o.o. sp. k.