Work location: FULLY REMOTE within Germany
(with a possibility to use our office in Berlin)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Your main goal as Software Engineer in our Product Data Catalogue Management Team will be the development and maintenance of our systems that are responsible for the creation and distribution of product information & content across all our sales channels used by customers all over Europe.
What you can expect:
- Development of the systems supporting data product distribution across our technology landscape
- Creating new (micro)services in PHP
- Participation in the architecture design of the system
- Reviewing and giving constructive feedback on others’ code
- Learning new technologies, keeping abreast of existing technologies and helping to introduce them where appropriate
- Supporting us to be more cloud-centric
WHAT YOU BRING IN
- Having at least 2-3 years of experience as PHP Software Engineer
- Knowing at least one of the PHP frameworks (Symfony required)
- Having practical knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Experiences with software architecture definition, REST APIs, unit testing and AMQP
- Working experience with automated integration tests and CI/CD approach
- Experience with GIT & Atlassian tools
- Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL)
- A business-oriented approach towards software requirements and development
- Very good command of English in speaking and writing
Would be an asset
- Hands-on experience in using Docker
- Understanding of Domain-Driven Design
- Experience with Azure (Terraform) and "monitoring first" approach
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch, MongoDB)
WHAT WE PROVIDE
The DEVELOPMENT of each exponDOer is of the upmost importance to us:
- You will be assigned to a buddy, who will support, advise and simply be there during there for you during the first 4 to 6 weeks of the onboarding.
- Your opinion makes a difference, and you will help us to shape with us expondo’s future.
- We provide free user accounts for both Udemy for Business and Babbel to promote your constant development.
We offer all our employees the FREEDOM to work how it is best suited to their needs:
- Whether it will be remote, from the office or a hybrid of both, we will support any decision made and provide the needed hardware to work in comfort.
- If you decide to work at one our locations, all the recommended protective measures are in place for a safe working environment.
- We provide flexible working hours, work-free weekends, and there are no nightshifts.
In our CULTURE we respect our employees’ needs and care for each other:
- We care about everyone’s physical and mental health, and that is why we provide the best possible conditions for a sustainable work-life balance.
- We also grant expondo sponsored psychological support for all our employees around the clock.
- You will be a part of a diverse team in which good humour, mutual support and respect are highly valued.
We offer a competitive pay based on your experience and an excellent benefits package (the specific offer depends on certain location and evaluated skill level; for Germany the salary oscillates between 50k and 70k EUR gross/year).
The expondo group is an international e-commerce company with more than 400 employees. We are a renowned manufacturer and online retailer of niche products created by experts for experts, operating in Europe and having locations in Germany, Poland, Hong Kong and China. Our focus is to provide our customers with an appropriate and scalable service.
To be a part of the extended expondo family is to be a part of an ambitious and dynamic global company. What lies ahead in terms of future is in the hands of our employees. It is their ideas, vision, skills, and talents which allow for us to succeed in this fast paced, globalizing world. It is the trust, partnership, and commitment that we have for each other which is the key to achieving further success, as we move forward together by owning our actions.
It’s time to get it done with expondo and the time is now.