Work location: FULLY REMOTE within Poland (with possibility to work in one of our office in Warsaw or Zielona Góra)
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
As a UI/X lead, you are responsible for building & leading a team of UI/X designers that create a digital shopping user experience our customers love and supports our company objectives.
We empower our product teams to solve hard problems – customer problems and business problems – in ways that our customers love, yet work for our business. Our product teams are cross-functional and durable, generally comprised of a product manager, a product designer, and several engineers.
While the product manager is accountable for ensuring the solution is both valuable and viable, the product designer is accountable for ensuring the solution is usable, and the engineers are accountable for ensuring the solution is feasible. This means that the product designer must contribute to her product team:
Deep knowledge of our users and customers, and the data about how our customers (internal or external) engage with our products
Deep knowledge of every stage of the design lifecycle from user research, ideation, concept development, validation, wire-framing, prototyping, final visual design, and collaboration during implementation
User interface & experience best practices as they pertain to her product
Your main responsibilites will include:
- Building, leading & coaching our new Product Design team
- Designing solutions that are both visible and usable for the the clients and business
- Defining the UX/UI process and setting up the standards
- Taking an active role in building and maintaining a thriving, diverse, and inclusive design community and culture
- Effective collaboration with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to discover effective solutions, and then work together to deliver those solutions to market.
WHAT YOU BRING IN:
- Having around 3 years of experience on technology-powered products as a UI/UX designer or manager
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern user interface and experience design best practices
Demonstrated team leadership & coaching experience
Demonstrated ability to generate actionable & valuable insights during product discovery interviews
Demonstrated thought process and aesthetic excellence through a strong portfolio
Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
You are fluent with design tools e.g. Figma
Proven ability to engage with product managers, engineers and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Very good command of English in speaking and writing
WHAT WE PROVIDE
The DEVELOPMENT of each exponDOer is of the upmost importance to us:
- You will be assigned to a buddy, who will support, advise and simply be there during there for you during the first 4 to 6 weeks of the onboarding.
- Your opinion makes a difference, and you will help us to shape with us expondo’s future.
- We provide free user accounts for both Udemy for Business and Babbel to promote your constant development.
We offer all our employees the FREEDOM to work how it is best suited to their needs:
- Whether it will be remote, from the office or a hybrid of both, we will support any decision made and provide the needed hardware to work in comfort.
- If you decide to work at one our locations, all the recommended protective measures are in place for a safe working environment.
- We provide flexible working hours
In our CULTURE we respect our employees’ needs and care for each other:
- We care about everyone’s physical and mental health, and that is why we provide the best possible conditions for a sustainable work-life balance.
- We also grant expondo sponsored psychological support for all our employees.
- You will be a part of a diverse team in which good humour, mutual support and respect are highly valued.
The expondo group is an international e-commerce company with more than 400 employees. We are a renowned manufacturer and online retailer of niche products created by experts for experts, operating in Europe and having locations in Germany, Poland, Hong Kong and China. Our focus is to provide our customers with an appropriate and scalable service.
To be a part of the extended expondo family is to be a part of an ambitious and dynamic global company. What lies ahead in terms of future is in the hands of our employees. It is their ideas, vision, skills, and talents which allow for us to succeed in this fast paced, globalizing world. Our purpose is to empower DOers.
We put five simple values in the center of everything we do.
LIFESAVER MENTALITY as in “I would trust any exponDOer with my life”
AN AMPLIFIED FOCUS ON DATA as in “Without data, it’s just an opinion”
BEING PASSIONATE CAN-DOERS as in “When SpaceX landed a rocket on Mars, expondo was there to repair it”
FUELLING POSITIVE ENERGY as in “Our positive energy is so contagious the common cold is jealous”
OUTLEARNING OURSELVES as in “Our biggest learning is that we still have a lot more to learn”
It’s time to get it done with expondo and the time is now.