WHO WE ARE
Fernride offers logistics customers the end-to-end integration of driverless vehicles into their processes. Building on 10 years of research, Fernride is developing the leading teleoperation platform which allows humans to safely remote monitor, assist and control vehicles from afar. At Fernride our focus on science, research and technology will make us the future Tech Champion. Our passion about cutting edge technology and innovation will enable us to redefine the role of humans in an automated world. With our uncanny start up culture, team spirit, and ownership mindset, we shape Fernride’s successes together. Does this sound like the place for you? We are looking forward to receive your application!
FERNRIDE is committed to diversity. Our aim is to live a diverse and open-minded company culture that will bring the best ideas to reality. Modern leadership principles and atmosphere that encourages you to speak up and be heard will guide us.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Scope of the Job
As Senior Business Development Manager, you will leverage your skills and industry insight to establish business development activities across European countries. As an experienced and data-driven front-runner, you will shape and develop new business models for deploying teleoperation and autonomy solutions in the logistics industry. Reporting directly to the Head of Business Development, you will be responsible in executing your projects and transactions with leading suppliers and truck OEMs as well as major European customers on the demand side. As an early member of FERNRIDE and the BD team, you will have the opportunity to shape the foundation of our products and culture.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Identifying and building relationships with strategic partners & suppliers and organising a sales project execution with customers across various industries.
- High level of freedom to lead, structure, and execute partner (e.g., strategic cooperations) and customer projects (e.g., go-to-market models, end customer projects).
- Nomination and leadership of internal and external project teams: coordination of internal set-up of the project team (across departments, e.g., engineering, operations, finance) and external advisor support (e.g., legal, consultants).
- Independently leading legally binding contract negotiations with senior executives of transaction counterparties and lawyers.
- Delivering impactful financial results for Fernride’s evolving business model and defining its unit economics model via personal recommendations to and discussion with the CCO / CFO.
- Feeding back market and customer insights directly into the product development process.
- Supporting customer projects with a strong focus on customer success.
- Presenting business and technical content to senior stakeholders.
WHO YOU ARE
- A degree in business administration, industrial engineering, or similar
- Several years of experience in a top-tier strategy consultancy, corporate strategy dept., investment banking or business/corporate development in a deep tech start-up.
- Knowledge and experience in the fields of logistics, self-driving technology or software/platform-as-a-service businesses.
- Strong skills in project management.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in German and English in writing and speaking.
- Hands-on / self-driven mentality and analytical / data-driven mindset.
- Enthusiasm for cutting-edge technology.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our accomplishments are based on team effort, and we want all our people to benefit from it:
- Competitive salary as well as company shares.
- Flexible working hours and remote work.
- Team events and quarterly offsite.
- Regular teleoperation driving lessons.
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving office culture
- All-day breakfast.
- 30 days of vacation.
- Snacks / beverage.