WHO WE ARE
Fernride offers logistics customers the end-to-end integration of driverless vehicles into their processes. Building on 10 years of research, Fernride is developing the leading teleoperation platform which allows humans to safely remote monitor, assist and control vehicles from afar. At Fernride our focus on science, research and technology will make us the future Tech Champion. Our passion about cutting edge technology and innovation will enable us to redefine the role of humans in an automated world. With our uncanny start up culture, team spirit, and ownership mindset, we shape Fernride’s successes together. Does this sound like the place for you? We are looking forward to receive your application!
FERNRIDE is committed to diversity. Our aim is to live a diverse and open-minded company culture that will bring the best ideas to reality. Modern leadership principles and atmosphere that encourages you to speak up and be heard will guide us.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Scope of the Job
As (Senior) Functional Safety Manager, you will be leading all safety-related activities of FERNRIDE's technology and ensure that our hardware and software products, as well as the processes, are compliant to, e.g. DIRECTIVE 2006/42/EC and ISO 26262. At its core, this role functions as the safety ambassador in the company: conducting safety assessments, support in defining architectures, defining requirements, and driving these activities together with the team to successful execution. In the future, you will build up and lead the safety team. As one of FERNRIDE's early team members, you will have the chance to shape the foundation of our product and culture.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Define the functional safety concept and functional safety plan according to DIRECTIVE 2006/42/EC and ISO 26262.
- Create, maintain and review work products according to DIRECTIVE 2006/42/EC and ISO 26262.
- Communicate with all required stakeholders (safety consultancies, auditors, insurances, customers, HW/SW suppliers) to
- Identify and define technical/ system requirements, safety requirements, and safety goals.
- Present functional safety strategy in front of stakeholders.
- Planning and coordination of the functional safety activities with the project manager, development team, suppliers, and customers on functional safety.
- Ensuring that functional safety confirmation measures such as audits and assessments are planned and complete.
- Coaching and supervising the development team in the functional safety development processes and methods.
WHO YOU ARE
- A degree in engineering or applied fields.
- Several years of experience in safety engineering.
- Expert experience in working with safety standards like IEC 61508, ISO 26262, ISO 13849, DIRECTIVE 2006/42/EC.
- Experience with safety-related system architecture.
- Experience of working in the automotive industry.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in German and English in writing and speaking.
- A hands-on mentality, an analytical mindset, and a proven track record of problem-solving.
- An enthusiasm for cutting-edge innovation such as self-driving technologies.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our accomplishments are based on team effort, and we want all our people to benefit from it:
- Competitive salary as well as company shares.
- Flexible working hours and remote work.
- Team events and quarterly offsite.
- Regular teleoperation driving lessons.
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving office culture.
- 30 days of vacation.
- Snacks / beverage.