WHO WE ARE
Fernride offers logistics customers the end-to-end integration of driverless vehicles into their processes. Building on 10 years of research, Fernride is developing the leading teleoperation platform which allows humans to safely remote monitor, assist and control vehicles from afar. At Fernride our focus on science, research and technology will make us the future Tech Champion. Our passion about cutting edge technology and innovation will enable us to redefine the role of humans in an automated world. With our uncanny start up culture, team spirit, and ownership mindset, we shape Fernride’s successes together. Does this sound like the place for you? We are looking forward to receive your application!
FERNRIDE is committed to diversity. Our aim is to live a diverse and open-minded company culture that will bring the best ideas to reality. Modern leadership principles and atmosphere that encourages you to speak up and be heard will guide us.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Scope of the Job
As FERNRIDE's Head of System, Safety & Security, you build & lead our Systems, Safety and Security Engineering team in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. You and your team are responsible for System Design, Requirements, Safety concept & culture, and cyber-security for our fleet of Teleoperated and semi-autonomous yard trucks.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Own all System design, requirements definition & validation, safety concept, safety culture, functional safety, and cyber security for teleoperated and semi-autonomous yard tracks.
- Build & lead a team of System Engineers, Safety Managers, Functional safety engineers, Requirements engineers, and cyber security engineers.
WHO YOU ARE
- Strong management and leadership skills in Systems, Safety, and Cyber Security Engineering.
- Define & track KPIs & budgets.
- Identify risks, regressions, and performance gaps.
- 5+ years experience leading an engineering team in the areas of systems, Safety & Security.
- Strong experience with System design, Requirements definition & validation.
- Strong experience with Safety concepts & analysis such as HARA.
- Strong experience implementing Safety Culture and Safety standards.
- Strong experience with Cyber Security.
- Strong experience with risk mitigation, both in design, implementation, and operation.
- BS in Computer science, EE, ME, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of working experience in engineering.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English speaking and writing.
- A hands-on mentality, an analytical mindset, and a proven track record of problem-solving.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our accomplishments are based on team effort, and we want all our people to benefit from it:
- Competitive salary as well as company shares.
- Flexible working hours and remote work.
- Team events and quarterly offsite.
- Regular teleoperation driving lessons.
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving office culture.
- 30 days of vacation.
- Snacks / beverage.