WHO WE ARE
Fernride offers logistics customers the end-to-end integration of driverless vehicles into their processes. Building on 10 years of research, Fernride is developing the leading teleoperation platform which allows humans to safely remote monitor, assist and control vehicles from afar. At Fernride our focus on science, research and technology will make us the future Tech Champion. Our passion about cutting edge technology and innovation will enable us to redefine the role of humans in an automated world. With our uncanny start up culture, team spirit, and ownership mindset, we shape Fernride’s successes together. Does this sound like the place for you? We are looking forward to receive your application!
FERNRIDE is committed to diversity. Our aim is to live a diverse and open-minded company culture that will bring the best ideas to reality. Modern leadership principles and atmosphere that encourages you to speak up and be heard will guide us.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Scope of the Job
As (Senior) Financial Accountant, you will be an early team member and an integral part of the emerging Finance department. You will have the unique opportunity to build and shape a scalable accounting environment, where your experience will help us to improve continuously. Your responsibilities will include improving our existing and establishing new accounting processes and solutions. In your role, you will report directly to the Head of Finance and will have the opportunity to grow and evolve within the team.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Perform the daily accounting activities in DATEV Online.
- Coordinate the month-end and year-end closing preparation with support of our tax consultant.
- Continuously improve our accounting systems and procedures and guide the transition from external to in-house accounting.
- Manage and improve our accounts receivables.
- Ensure monthly payroll processing with support of our tax consultant.
- Manage and automate invoicing, payment and reimbursement processes with other departments and external suppliers.
- Support in preparing customer offers and supplier contracts to ensure alignment with company guidelines.
- Review and audit employee expense reports and manage corporate credit cards with Moss.
WHO YOU ARE
- You hold a degree as a qualified accountant (Bilanzbuchhalter:in) or comparable qualification.
- Proven work experience in auditing and/or accounting, preferably in a “Big 4” audit firm or a fast-growing B2B tech, or software environment.
- Experience in a Software as a Service (SAAS) and/ or licensing business models is a plus.
- You are an experienced user in DATEV.
- In-depth knowledge of German accounting standards (HGB).
- You are able to do advance sales tax returns („Umsatzsteuervoranmeldungen”).
- You bring strong analytical skills combined with the ability to drive projects in a dynamic environment.
- A high degree of ownership and drive.
- You are self-motivated, independent and have a hands-on mentality.
- Structured and detail-oriented work style.
- Fluency in German and English.