WHO WE ARE
Fernride offers logistics customers the end-to-end integration of driverless vehicles into their processes. Building on 10 years of research, Fernride is developing the leading teleoperation platform which allows humans to safely remote monitor, assist and control vehicles from afar. At Fernride our focus on science, research and technology will make us the future Tech Champion. Our passion about cutting edge technology and innovation will enable us to redefine the role of humans in an automated world. With our uncanny start up culture, team spirit, and ownership mindset, we shape Fernride’s successes together. Does this sound like the place for you? We are looking forward to receive your application!
FERNRIDE is committed to diversity. Our aim is to live a diverse and open-minded company culture that will bring the best ideas to reality. Modern leadership principles and atmosphere that encourages you to speak up and be heard will guide us.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Mechanical / Electrical vehicle technician (m/f/d) at FERNRIDE, you are building our entire teleoperation product before its deployment to various customers. This includes the electric vehicle platform, sensor stack, telecommunication means and teleoperator workstation. You are responsible for planning and building our customer and internal development systems. In this role, you will be directly reporting to the Head of Platform and be the key player in ensuring our systems are up and running. As one of our first team members in this domain, you will have the chance to build up the related processes and the department around it and progress personally and professionally.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design of mechatronic systems.
- You process your orders independently and continuously observe the economic, operational and occupational health and safety requirements.
- Installation of mechatronic systems in the company or at its customers.
- Carrying out measurements and functional tests.
- Operation of the systems or instruction of the users and, if necessary, subsequent customer support.
- Maintenance of the systems and regular updating of the software.
- Execution of necessary repairs.
- Installation of mechanical and electronic components and existing systems.
- Review product requirements (e.g. functionalities, safety standards).
- Inspect components and machinery to identify defects and malfunctions.
- Suggest fixes and improvements.
- Document both daily tasks and technical issues.
- Ensure all test procedures meet company and industry standards.
WHO YOU ARE
- Excellent knowledge of English in the field of technology.
- Basic German language skills.
- Several years of professional experience in Mechatronic or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with vehicle mechanical & electrical.
- Safe handling of IT devices and systems.
- Sound knowledge of relevant testing and measuring techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of work and safety regulations.
- Detail-oriented and precise way of working.
- Excellent understanding of technology and IT systems.
- Outstanding craftsmanship.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our accomplishments are based on team effort, and we want all our people to benefit from it:
- Competitive salary as well as company shares.
- Flexible working hours and remote work.
- Team events and quarterly offsite.
- Regular teleoperation driving lessons.
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving office culture.
- All-day breakfast.
- 30 days of vacation.
- Snacks / beverage.