WHO WE ARE
Fernride offers logistics customers the end-to-end integration of driverless vehicles into their processes. Building on 10 years of research, Fernride is developing the leading teleoperation platform which allows humans to safely remote monitor, assist and control vehicles from afar. At Fernride our focus on science, research and technology will make us the future Tech Champion. Our passion about cutting edge technology and innovation will enable us to redefine the role of humans in an automated world. With our uncanny start up culture, team spirit, and ownership mindset, we shape Fernride’s successes together. Does this sound like the place for you? We are looking forward to receive your application!
FERNRIDE is committed to diversity. Our aim is to live a diverse and open-minded company culture that will bring the best ideas to reality. Modern leadership principles and atmosphere that encourages you to speak up and be heard will guide us.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Scope of the Job
As a senior hardware engineer in the E/E team, you will be responsible for developing and documenting component requirements for compute and control modules. You will interface with departments across FERNRIDE to develop a system-level understanding of how the next generation hardware will secure the fast development and rising needs. You will work closely with stakeholders of Hardware & Software, safety, and systems engineering to ensure that requirements are defined following the entire engineering development process. Your assessments will be critical to meeting milestones as we develop new generations of hardware for FERNRIDE. In this role, you will be directly reporting to the Head of E/E HW and be the key player in defining HW compute components. As one of our first team members in this domain, you will have the chance to build up the related processes and the department around it and progress personally and professionally.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for specifying the hardware for our driving control unit/ compute platform midterm and long-term for upcoming generations.
- Define and perform benchmarks, and review supplier simulations considering all components and interfaces of the compute unit.
- Manage the technical requirements internally and externally.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders such as system architecture, software (network, algorithms, etc.), safety and integration.
- Shape the design documents for the compute units.
- Leading product specification, component selection, electrical schematics and layout review, leading and being hands-on in the lab environment.
- Testing hardware to different environmental standards.
- Technical vendor/supplier engagement and communication.
WHO YOU ARE
- Master or PhD in computer science, physics, EE, or equivalent work experience.
- Several years of hands-on experience with advanced compute Hardware design and manufacturing within automotive/aerospace for real-time applications.
- Proven experience in the full automotive design cycle of a multi-disciplinary product including introduction to mass production.
- Knowledge of x86/compute architecture and a wide variety of high-speed electrical interfaces.
- Experienced in system design considering automotive functional safety and ISO26262.
- Experience using requirements management tools such as Jama, Polarion, Doors, etc.
- C++ programming expertise for performance benchmarks.
- Excellent knowledge of English in the field of technology.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our accomplishments are based on team effort, and we want all our people to benefit from it:
- Competitive salary as well as company shares.
- Flexible working hours and remote work.
- Team events and quarterly offsite.
- Regular teleoperation driving lessons.
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving office culture.
- All-day breakfast.
- 30 days of vacation.
- Snacks / beverage.