WHO WE ARE
Fernride offers logistics customers the end-to-end integration of driverless vehicles into their processes. Building on 10 years of research, Fernride is developing the leading teleoperation platform which allows humans to safely remote monitor, assist and control vehicles from afar. At Fernride our focus on science, research and technology will make us the future Tech Champion. Our passion about cutting edge technology and innovation will enable us to redefine the role of humans in an automated world. With our uncanny start up culture, team spirit, and ownership mindset, we shape Fernride’s successes together. Does this sound like the place for you? We are looking forward to receive your application!
FERNRIDE is committed to diversity. Our aim is to live a diverse and open-minded company culture that will bring the best ideas to reality. Modern leadership principles and atmosphere that encourages you to speak up and be heard will guide us.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Scope of the Job
The Fleet Operations Department is exclusively operating our in house-developed teleoperation trucks daily both in customer deployments as well as running internal testing and training activities. Core challenges consist in ensuring highest operational uptimes of all our vehicles as well as continuously growing, enabling, and managing our operating personnel (teleoperators and safety drivers). We are primarily responsible for the safe and reliable execution of all teleoperated driving/ logistics processes and maintain highest FERNRIDE quality standards at all times.
In this position, you will have the chance to experience and engage actively in Europe’s first commercial teleoperation deployments and disruption of the logistics industry in a high-potential dynamic startup environment. You will directly report to the FERNRIDE Operations Manager and work very close/ interdisciplinary with the COO, Customer Operations, Training, Test Engineering and Technical Program Management Departments.
• Intern: 4-6 months full-time
• Working student: ~15-20h/ week part-time
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ownership of success for our customer pilot projects by supporting Fleet Operations Department management in daily teleoperation deployments and running of our vehicles both internally and externally
- Support Operations Manager tasks in operations modelling, project and resource planning, meeting preparations, and relevant documentations
- Prepare and join stakeholder and customer meetings from day one
- Support our Teleoperator Teams with daily tasks priorities, staff management and on-demand troubleshooting
- Promote next level department build-up by contribute to drafting and establishing new workflows and hands-on operational processes (both technical and logistics domain) to make us fit for Fernride’s rapid growth journey
- Facilitate cross-functional department cooperation especially with Customer Operations, Training and Engineering
WHO YOU ARE
- High Performance in studies in Business/ Mathematics, Informatics, Natural sciences/ Engineering/ Operations or a comparable program (Bachelor or Masters)
- First experience in a startup or similar dynamic, high-performance environment (tech company, consulting, VC/ finance) through full-time position, internships or student initiatives
- Profound knowledge of MS Office
- Full working proficiency in German or English
- Strong communication skills: direct, empathic, and self-reflective
- Entrepreneurial mindset, resilient and hungry to take on responsibility and solve new challenges every day
- Structured, organized, and reliable and able to navigate through a complex startup environment with ever-shifting priorities and timelines
- Eager to learn and hands-on mentality
- Nice to have experience with project & knowledge management tools like Jira, Kanban, Miro, Confluence
- Nice to have experience with operations management methodology (5-Ps, operations modelling or similar)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Subsidized meal from the canteen
- All-day breakfast.
- Amazing team events
- Full ownership of projects and space to be creative and experiment
- Flexible schedule
- Possibility for remote work