WHO WE ARE
Fernride offers logistics customers the end-to-end integration of driverless vehicles into their processes. Building on 10 years of research, Fernride is developing the leading teleoperation platform which allows humans to safely remote monitor, assist and control vehicles from afar. At Fernride our focus on science, research and technology will make us the future Tech Champion. Our passion about cutting edge technology and innovation will enable us to redefine the role of humans in an automated world. With our uncanny start up culture, team spirit, and ownership mindset, we shape Fernride’s successes together. Does this sound like the place for you? We are looking forward to receive your application!
FERNRIDE is committed to diversity. Our aim is to live a diverse and open-minded company culture that will bring the best ideas to reality. Modern leadership principles and atmosphere that encourages you to speak up and be heard will guide us.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Scope of the Job
As Senior Autonomy Systems Engineer, you will work in close partnership with our Product Management group and business partners to decompose our target Operational Design Domain into tangible feature sets to be implemented by the Autonomy teams. You will own the definition and capture of rigorous requirements and acceptance criteria for our Autonomy stack. You’ll be part of a highly motivated team of technical experts who share a passion for getting things done and for solving complex problems in a distributed system.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Primary owner of technical requirements, architectures and data structures that enable the Autonomy group to plan and execute according to the needs of the Product team (i.e. you are the bridge between the business and the autonomy engineers).
- Definition and selection of the tooling required for Autonomy Systems Engineering at FERNRIDE.
- Direct contribution to the overall System Safety Case in partnership with the Safety Engineering team.
- Verification and validation of Autonomy system requirements and delivery.
- Embrace a high standard of engineering craftsmanship across SW development, integration, deployment, and testing (documentation, mentoring of juniors, test-driven development).
WHO YOU ARE
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field.
- Experience with decomposing Autonomy ODDs into concrete deliverables and requirements.
- Significant experience developing and testing complex distributed systems in robotics, autonomy, transportation, embedded, datacom/telecom, or similar industries.
- Experience with Safety and Systems engineering in large, complex products (e.g. Military systems, industrial robotics, L4 automotive autonomy products).
- Experience with system integration testing, including regression testing and test automation.
- A talent for troubleshooting complex systems and root causing.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our accomplishments are based on team effort, and we want all our people to benefit from it:
- Competitive salary as well as company shares.
- Flexible working hours and remote work.
- Team events and quarterly offsite.
- Regular teleoperation driving lessons.
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving office culture.
- All-day breakfast.
- 30 days of vacation.
- Snacks / beverage.