Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organization made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
Money-Media, a fast growing division of the FT, is a profitable subscription-based content and data provider which delivers news and intelligence for specialized businesses through their extensive suite of products.
Money-Media Developer Team Lead
We are seeking a talented and dedicated Engineering/Development Team Lead to be part of Money-Media, a profitable subscription based content site. The Team Lead will work as a key member in our bright internal development group.
The ideal candidate will have at least 6-8 years of professional experience programming PHP applications in a production LAMP environment using a CMS. The candidate should also have 1-2 years of experience with Node.js. We are looking for an enthusiastic, friendly person who values small company culture and teamwork. This person should be a self-starter and be forward thinking.
* Bachelors degree or higher – preferably a MS in Computer Science
* 6+ years of technology experience
* 3+ Years managing small development teams 2-6 people
* Excellent Knowledge of Software Development Cycles
* Excellent problem solving abilities
* Strong written and verbal Communication Skills
* Strong leadership experience, proven ability to motivate a team
* Report to the Director of Development
* Turn complex project requirements into manageable technical plans
* Manage and deliver projects on time
* Maintain high design and software coding standards
* Lead and mentor a small team of developers hands on
* Work with IT and QA groups to deliver projects successfully
* Expert at LAMP stack Web development
* Experience with Composer
* Experienced with Node.js
* Experienced with Test Driven Methodology
* Excellent SQL Skills
* Excellent Unix Scripting Skills
* Excellent Debugging skills
* Experience with at least one other programming language
* Experience with the Zend Platform, Laravel, and/or PhpDoctrine
* Experienced implementing and customizing Content Management Systems
* Experienced with OO Design Principles and Patterns
* Experience with managing source code with GIT or SVN
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working, medical cover, and enhanced maternity & paternity packages. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) , which will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company.
At the FT, we know our most valuable resources are our people and we embrace our employees’ unique skills, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer that seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying, and discrimination. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.