Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organization made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
Money-Media, a fast growing division of the FT, is a profitable subscription-based content and data provider which delivers news and intelligence for specialized businesses through their extensive suite of products
The Senior Dev Ops Engineer will help to manage the technical infrastructure and provide devops expertise for our leading products: Ignites.com, FundFire.com, IgnitesEurope.com, MandateWire.com and others.
The Senior Dev Ops Engineer will have at least 2-4 years’ work experience and in-depth knowledge of Docker, Amazon Web Services and Linux operating systems. This includes system configuration and performance tuning, scripting, automation, monitoring, troubleshooting in a 24/7 production environment, and network support.
- Provide devops support for products and releases
- Work closely with developers in supporting new features and services
- Develop custom tools and automation scripts as necessary
- Manage Containers using Docker and Kubernetes
- Manage build pipelines with platforms like Jenkins
- Design and configure systems and networks
- Monitor Infrastructure stability and performance
- Scale infrastructure to meet demand
- Troubleshoot infrastructure
- Ensure system and network security
- Document system design and procedures
- Be on-call to support infrastructure
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with Docker, Service Discovery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to convey technical concepts to a non technical audience while winning their confidence
- Ability to work seamlessly with software developers, project managers, and business development
- An ingrained commitment to following projects and problems through to resolution
- Ability to produce and maintain written documentation (expect to provide a sample)
- 2+ years experience managing RedHat and/or Centos Linux in production environments
- 2+ years experience managing Apache web servers
- Strong scripting skills: Python, Perl, and shell/bash
- Experience with infrastructure and release automation tools like Chef or puppet.
- Strong SQL
- Strong knowledge of DNS and BIND
- Strong knowledge of Protocol-level such as HTTP/HTTPS, SMTP, DNS and LDAP
- Experience monitoring production systems
- Experience with DR/Business Continuity and data backups
- Thorough understanding of distributed networking environments
- Experience implementing packet filtering and firewalls (Cisco ASA, IDS systems a plus
- Experience implementing Virtual Machines with VMware Server
- Experience Building and Installing Linux Packages from Source Code
- Experience managing the Git System
- Experience with Intrusion Detection
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working, medical cover, and enhanced maternity & paternity packages. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) , which will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company.
At the FT, we know our most valuable resources are our people and we embrace our employees’ unique skills, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer that seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying, and discrimination. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help...