We’re a rapidly growing team building a disruptive Consultancy! We draw on a unique proposition; lived experience of the successful transformation of the FT, operating expertise from experienced practitioners and a proven playbook to help organisations transform to a high performing customer centred model. Our mission is to help organisations build valuable relationships with their consumers and build resilient business models.
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business media organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. Join us and find an inclusive and fast-paced environment with unique opportunities to support every step of your career.
You’ll be an early team member of a funded startup within an established institution - a rare opportunity. We offer a fun and flexible work environment with competitive benefits including; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working, medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages and subsidized gym memberships.
Learn more about FT Strategies and what we offer here at ftstrategies.com.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious individual to join the senior leadership team. You will be joining a mission driven and dynamic work environment as we scale our consulting business. You will be central to that growth, shaping our culture and strategy.
You’ll be an early team member of a funded startup within an established institution - an extremely rare opportunity.
You will report to the Managing Director, driving and leading our strategy and ambition on engagements, helping global clients develop and implement successful subscriptions strategies that will transform their businesses, consumers experiences and the wider industry.
Key responsibilities include:
- Client development: Initiating and developing trust based client relationships and commercial opportunities
- Client engagement: Senior leadership and ownership of multiple client projects including guiding the team’s methodology and problem solving to ensure we deliver sustainable results and tangible impact for our clients
- Team: Line managing 5 senior team members including coaching and contributing to a healthy high performance culture
- Functional / Industry expertise: Providing thought leadership and deep expertise across one of our relevant solutions such as Subscriptions, Retention, Pricing, Data, Technology and Transformation.
To be successful in this role, you’ll have experience of working in a consultancy, leading a large team across multiple initiatives. Industry isn’t as important as ambition to grow our business and being a strong thought leader in your area of expertise.
Your role in this team will be to lead our Consulting Engagement pillar whilst also delivering on our growth ambitions and management of our key clients. The essential experience and skills that you will need to be successful in this role follows;
- Strategic leadership & Entrepreneurship: Ambition to set, build and lead the strategy of a growing business from the ground up. A self-starter who makes decisions quickly; is a strategic thinker but also has a strong bias to action to deliver on our goals. Excited to work with a startup with a high-growth mindset, comfortable with little structure, working independently and as part of teams.
- Relationship building & Commercial aptitude: A strong network and proven track record with business development and key account management. Able to start, develop and manage strategically significant client relationships, including experience in originating and closing multi-million pound client engagements. Strong emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills; able to collaborate and influence internal and external stakeholders across levels.
- Thought leadership and Intellectual curiosity: A thought leader, demanded for distinctive knowledge and solutions and able to confidently represent FTS at conferences and external events. Challenges and pushes team’s content and thinking to best in class solutions. Able to use hypothesis-driven problem solving to develop powerful solutions for the most challenging strategic problems.
- People Management: Experience of leading a portfolio of initiatives, as well as directing and counseling multiple teams across client, culture and growth priorities. Outstanding programme management skills, delegating work as appropriate.
- Consultative toolkit: Outstanding communication skills; able to craft compelling stories and insights from unstructured evidence. Strong quantitative and analytical skills including financial modelling, and ability to draw key insights from complex data. Able to coach team members on key consulting skills.
The FT are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.