We’re a rapidly growing team building a disruptive Growth Consultancy! We draw on a unique proposition: lived experience of the successful transformation of the FT, operating experts and a proven playbook to help organisations develop resilient customer centred models. Our mission is to help organisations build sustainable value for their consumers and communities.
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading media organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. FT Strategies is its new consulting business. Join us and find an inclusive and fast-paced environment with unique opportunities to support every step of your career.
You’ll be an early team member of a funded startup within an established institution - a rare opportunity. We offer a fun and flexible work environment with competitive benefits including; exciting entrepreneurial responsibilities, a (genuinely!) fun team with a supportive and caring culture, flexible lifestyle and hybrid working, generous annual leave allowances, medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages and subsidised gym memberships.
Learn more about FT Strategies and what we offer at ftstrategies.com.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious individual to join the senior leadership team. You will be joining a mission driven and dynamic work environment as we scale our consulting business. You will be central to that growth, shaping our products and services as well as culture and strategy.
You will report to the Managing Director, driving our strategy and ambition on consulting engagements, helping clients develop and implement successful growth projects that accelerate business performance. You will lead a portfolio of clients - across specific industries or areas of expertise.
Key responsibilities include:
- Business development: Initiating and developing trust based client relationships and commercial opportunities, underpinned by an ambition to grow our business and meet stretch commercial targets
- Client engagement: Senior leadership and ownership of multiple client projects including guiding the team’s methodology and problem solving to ensure we deliver sustainable and tangible results for clients
- Team Leadership: Managing and coaching senior team members and leading initiative that contribute to a healthy high performance culture
- Functional / Industry expertise: Providing thought leadership and deep expertise across one of our relevant solutions such as Subscriptions, Retention, Pricing, Data, Technology and Transformation
You’ll have experience of working in a consultancy and a proven track record of;
- Strategic leadership & Entrepreneurship: A strategic thinker with a strong bias to action and is excited to work with and scale a startup; comfortable with little structure and working independently and as part of teams.
- Relationship building & Commercial aptitude: A strong network of high-potential clients and proven track record with business development and client management. Experience in originating, negotiating and closing multi-million pound client engagements.
- Thought leadership and Problem Solving: Widely demanded for distinctive knowledge and expertise and able to credibly represent the FT at external events. Challenges and pushes team’s content, thinking and deliverables. Able to use hypothesis-driven and consulting methodologies to develop powerful solutions to challenging problems.
- People leadership: Led a portfolio of initiatives, as well as directing and counselling multiple teams across client, culture and growth priorities. Outstanding delegation, emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills; effectively collaborates and influences stakeholders across levels. Fosters an inclusive and diverse culture for all to thrive.
- Consultative toolkit: Outstanding communication skills; able to craft compelling stories and insights from unstructured evidence. Strong quantitative and analytical skills including financial modelling, and ability to draw key insights from complex data. Can coach team members on key consulting skills.
The FT are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.