Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We're a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists - and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
The B2B division of the Financial Times licenses FT content to organisations around the world, with clients across corporate, finance, government, professional services, education and media sectors. The Sales Development Executive will be responsible for pre-qualifying leads and prospects for the field sales team to close into new business revenue. The role will support the field sales team through a number of activities which include: pre-qualification of leads/opportunities; identifying potential budget holders and stakeholders on trials; proactive prospecting for new contacts; gathering testimonials/evidence for proposals.
The role reports into the regional sales team with a dotted line to marketing, to ensure alignment around campaign activity. This role requires the applicant to actively prospect for new contacts as such, they must be comfortable in making 30+ calls per day to develop a good understanding of the FT product offerings.
- Prospect and build a sales pipeline for the field sales team via outbound calling and email communication
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up
- Research and contact potential budget holders/decision-makers
- Pre-qualify leads and book appointments/call backs for the field sales team
- Assign qualified leads/opportunities to the field sales team for further development and closure
- Follow up with each field sales manager to gather feedback and agree next steps
- Contact readers to gather testimonials and evidence to support sales proposals
- Act as a bridge between marketing and sales. Liaise with the marketing teams on campaign activity to generate leads and improve the quality of leads
- Record conversations with prospects on the CRM system for reporting purposes
- Weekly reporting, including successful calls made and challenges faced.
Required Skills / Experience
- Articulate and tactful communication skills, particularly on the phone
- Proactivity and readiness to learn and develop understanding of FT product offering and value proposition
- Effective internet research skills
- Self-motivated and driven with strong desire to succeed
- Organised and ability to prioritise busy workload in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work accurately, with strong attention to detail
- Display initiative in undertaking all aspects of the role
- Experience in lead nurturing, lead generation and appointment setting
- Good team player with a willingness to collaborate
- Be a willing contributor to the department, who offers ideas and suggestions.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help.