Seeking a talented and dedicated developer to be part of Money-Media, a Financial Times Company and a profitable subscription based content and data site. The Developer will work as a key member of our internal development group.
- Passionate about coding and new technologies
- Dedicated to solving problems elegantly and innovatively
- Big picture thinker with attention to details and appreciation for analysis
- A developer who consistently delivers and keeps up to date on best practices/standards and programming methods
- To build world class websites with dynamic UIs leveraging OOP Java, PHP and Ajax
- Work with a team of talented and enthusiastic developers
- To drive business growth through technology initiatives
- To have a positive daily impact on a group of loyal subscribers
- To take all that you have learned so far and put it to good use while learning more
- A fun, collaborative team of professionals with expert level skills
- The opportunity to build web based business applications and publications
- A fast paced, dynamic, iterative development environment
- An organization that values coding skills and personal initiative: your ideas will make a difference
- Top notch compensation and benefits including health benefits, matching 401K, gift budgets and work/life balance
- A great working environment
- A convenient midtown location
As Node.js / PHP / Java Developer you will:
- Be comfortable in using these languages
- Use Test Driven or Behavior Driven Development Methodologies
- Develop web sites, applications, services, and mobile apps
- Write Unit and Integration Tests
- Provide Estimates for Technical Tasks
- Play a key role in the architecture and design of our products
- Participate in Code and Design Reviews
We would like you to be:
- A BA/BS in Computer Science; MS a plus.
- Experienced in backend Java development
- Experienced with developing Node.js services or applications
- Experienced using Git.
- Experienced with OO Design Principles and Patterns
- Familiar with MVC and templating
- Experienced writing SQL queries
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with REACT, GraphQL, and jQuery, Laravel, Zend or PhpDoctrine
- Familiar with Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Experience with Maven and common libraries
- Aware of web standards, their purpose, benefits and appropriateness
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working, medical cover, and enhanced maternity & paternity packages. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either a one dose or two dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card) , which will be kept confidential. We are an equal opportunity employer, and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely-held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company.
At the FT, we know our most valuable resources are our people and we embrace our employees’ unique skills, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer that seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying, and discrimination. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements or have any questions, please contact a member of our HR team who will be happy to help. #LI-SG1